Board Attachment Quota Reached?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Board Attachment Quota Reached?

Post by boysnberry11 »

Is anyone else getting this message when trying to upload pictures?
GC: boysnberry11
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Board Attachment Quota Reached?

Post by Palmjill »

Yes I just tried to upload an image and got the same message.
Looks like we have been posting too many images :lol:
Perturbee needs to change the attachment settings. Will message her to let her know.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=1551895
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Markeemark22
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Markeemark22 »

I'm sorry for maxing her server! *bows down to her majesty*
Actually I try to use image bucket for my images so not to take up too much data on the server.
GC: Markeemark22
HFN: #11 & #22 West Side
HH: Behind Swimming Center

When sending me a friends request either through FB or GC please make sure to put down SFP or the forum. Thank you.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Thanks for pointing this out. It was indeed set a little low, but I've increased the space to 2Gb for now.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Perturbee wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. It was indeed set a little low, but I've increased the space to 2Gb for now.
Thank you, Perturbee :)
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

It would save space if, when we quote somebody that has the pictures "in line" if you delete that - just leave the text and don't repeat multiple pix. I try to only leave a pic in a quote if I am addressing a particular item in the shot.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:It would save space if, when we quote somebody that has the pictures "in line" if you delete that - just leave the text and don't repeat multiple pix. I try to only leave a pic in a quote if I am addressing a particular item in the shot.
No, if a picture is uploaded for a post, quoting only points to the original picture and doesn't duplicate it.
It might save on download time if the picture appeared on a previous page, that's the only saving.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Perturbee wrote:
Hufflepuff Karen wrote:It would save space if, when we quote somebody that has the pictures "in line" if you delete that - just leave the text and don't repeat multiple pix. I try to only leave a pic in a quote if I am addressing a particular item in the shot.
No, if a picture is uploaded for a post, quoting only points to the original picture and doesn't duplicate it.
It might save on download time if the picture appeared on a previous page, that's the only saving.
Does that work for both methods? I see some people place pix "in line" and some people place them as "attachments." The attachments don't seem to show up when quoted, but the in line pix do - at least on my iPad they do. I have been deleting the duplicate pix in preview because it takes longer to upload, so I thought it was duplicating everything and using up your MB/GB.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
Does that work for both methods? I see some people place pix "in line" and some people place them as "attachments." The attachments don't seem to show up when quoted, but the in line pix do - at least on my iPad they do. I have been deleting the duplicate pix in preview because it takes longer to upload, so I thought it was duplicating everything and using up your MB/GB.
You need to upload to be able to place them inline, so yes, it is using the same picture. The way the board works is that with a quote it can not show previous attachments, only inline placed pictures.

The post should show the attachments you uploaded (before submitting), if it has a duplicate in there you can safely delete it.
Attachment example
Attachment example
Attachment.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 8051 times
Duplicate inline commands like

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]Attachment.png[/attachment]
just show the same picture twice (or more).
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Thanks, Perturbee! I think I understand it - I know we all appreciate your forum and I sure don't want to clog it up or have it cost you more to run it than it already does! Anything we can do to save server space for you is a good thing :)