What Device?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

What Device?

Post by Rosie_58 »

After switching from an iOS to an Android recently I am really enjoying how sharp the game looks compared to my old iOS device. The game runs smoother on iOS(android has a bit of a lag). Just wondered if you could play SFP on any device what device would it be? And why?
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: What Device?

Post by katgames »

iOS... totally and completely.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

I play on my iPhone right now. Part of me is waiting to get an ipad to play on the bigger screen.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

mrs_smartt wrote:I play on my iPhone right now. Part of me is waiting to get an ipad to play on the bigger screen.
I recommend the iPad mini. I love it. Never use the iPad anymore. It's too heavy. The mini is perfect. Can take it anywhere.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I stick to my Android tablets (one 7" and one 10") both are equally fast (quad-core tegra 1.3).
Some of the lag on Androids is coming from a debug/logging option left on by FM.

There is also something very wrong with the FB app. Ever since I removed it, my tablets run much better.

My devices run on Chameleon OS, which is an Android 4.2.2, both can be switched from normal mode to performance mode and with that on, the game is running super smooth with the occasional hiccup during excessive logging. But that comes at the cost of battery time.

It is unfair to compare these to my iPod, but even my spare 3 years old Android phone handles the game better than my iPod. Only the occasional lag hiccup shows up.

My ideal device would be something like the Asus PadFone (is a 4.3" phone and can be slid into a 10" screen).

My collection:
2012-09_SFP-Devices.jpg
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Thank you Perturbee :D After I unstalled the FB app on my android device SFP is also running much better.
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

I'm using the samsung galaxy tab 2 I think it is.
https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I use my iPad first gen, but I also keep a backup of my game not only on the cloud but on my iPhone 4S. I don't play the game on my phone because the screen is too small, but when I manually upload to the cloud, I download to the phone, just in case something crashes.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

katgames wrote: I recommend the iPad mini. I love it. Never use the iPad anymore. It's too heavy. The mini is perfect. Can take it anywhere.
I want an iPad mini for Christmas! I agree, the iPad is a bit heavy and the iPhone is too small. I have the very first gen of iPad, so I really want to upgrade the iOS.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by PaQuilter »

I play on an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" or 7.5"...I can't remember. The Game plays smoooth & the graphics are awesome. I also like the fact that if there is an in app purchase problem, amazon customer service returns the price no questions asked. The only downside is that sometimes it takes longer to get updates because Amazon tests them before they release them us. I haven't had that problem with SFP except once. It's a great tablet and I couldn't beat the price. :)
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House