Getting my toddler to sleep?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
TilHinzo
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Getting my toddler to sleep?

Post by TilHinzo »

Hi, does anybody have any suggestions about the easiest way to get their little one to sleep through?

I have read many websites with suggestions but I am still struggling.

Thanks you
Last edited by TilHinzo on 29 Jan 2014, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Getting my little one to sleep?

Post by Delphine »

You click on a bed and choose the option 'sleep loudly all night long' :mrgreen:
(I have the same problems with my children, sometime I wish I could just click on their beds ;) )
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I think babies only had 2 options: Sleep (4 hours) and Hibernate (24 hours). That's why my babies were never babies longer than a day or two! Unless they changed something recently?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

In real life as opposed to the Sim world, I found it helpful to wake them up during the day for feedings (every couple of hours at first), talk cutesy to them, and engage them as much as possible before putting them back down. It seemed to help them sleep a little longer at night. Still those early months are difficult. If it is an older infant, I would definitely try to keep stretching the daytime awake hours as much as possible. Blessings!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

I had a feeling the original poster was pertaining to IRL babies~ :)

When my nephew was still a wee months old, my sister would have this routine of waking the baby to eat in the morning, talk and play with him, let him have a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and then play with him again, talk and read books before feeding him in the night.

When he was already few months older where he can already lift his own head, crawl and everything, she tire him out through playing, made his nap shorter (2Hrs) so that he can sleep earlier and longer at night.

Hope this helps~

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LucyBoots »

I have 4 kids...well two adults now and two pre teens. Sleeping through the night is not a norm for most kids for the first 6 months...especially if you are breast feeding. Still its normal for them to wake every 4 hours needing food. And if you have a collicky child forget it!! I had two with collick. Nightmare. Eventually it will just happen.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

LucyBoots wrote:I have 4 kids...well two adults now and two pre teens. Sleeping through the night is not a norm for most kids for the first 6 months...especially if you are breast feeding. Still its normal for them to wake every 4 hours needing food. And if you have a collicky child forget it!! I had two with collick. Nightmare. Eventually it will just happen.
Very good point. And you could lose your ability to make enough milk if they don't get those night feedings. But if they have days and nights mixed up, it does help to play with them a little after feedings in the daytime, and encourage nodding off to sleep after a night feeding. Keeping them close to you helps you get a little more sleep too.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Getting my toddler to sleep?

Post by LucyBoots »

Oh good grief, my first born not only had collick, but had her days and nights mixed up! I remember it so well, people told me all kinds of crazy old wives tale to fix her. One was make sure her crib and head were facing north. Another was to flip her over in like a saumersault lol I was a single 19 year old girl...with a baby that cried 5 hours straight, and then thought night began at 5am
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Getting my toddler to sleep?

Post by telemwill »

LucyBoots wrote:Oh good grief, my first born not only had collick, but had her days and nights mixed up! I remember it so well, people told me all kinds of crazy old wives tale to fix her. One was make sure her crib and head were facing north. Another was to flip her over in like a saumersault lol I was a single 19 year old girl...with a baby that cried 5 hours straight, and then thought night began at 5am
Bless your heart! I was spared the colic. I do remember sitting up one night rocking a teething baby and crying right along with her.
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

LucyBoots wrote:I have 4 kids...well two adults now and two pre teens. Sleeping through the night is not a norm for most kids for the first 6 months...especially if you are breast feeding. Still its normal for them to wake every 4 hours needing food. And if you have a collicky child forget it!! I had two with collick. Nightmare. Eventually it will just happen.
I hope it will happen soon! My girl is just under two, and I haven't slept through the night since she was born, not once. Her best was eight hours in a row, which happened a grand total of twice, both way back at around four months?

I'm used to it now ;)
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road