Sims FreePlay Alternative?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Sims FreePlay Alternative?

Post by telemwill »

SIMazing wrote:
telemwill wrote:So there are desktop versions? I will have to check that out. I haven't been able to kill the ants permanently yet. I got someone to mix the cinnamon stuff in the workroom, tried dropping them on top of that, but is didn't work.
All of their VV and VF games are available on desktop. 8-)

There is one more step to the ant puzzle. You are on the right track. For some puzzles (not this one) you have to let your people wander occasionally, and take note of what they check out. If you stay stuck, let me know, I can point you in the right direction. :)
Finally figured the ants out. It was an accident as I saw the item needed and dropped a little person on it, was told something else was needed first, and then ants appeared! But they are permanently gone now.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

tade13 wrote:Yes Hay Day is really nice.
Hi tade, just seeing this now. Yeah, Hay Day still has me hooked :)
FonzyBear

Post by FonzyBear »

I'm not sure I like virtual families. Maybe I just don't get the game. I picked a V.P. to start with but kept not finding a good match for marriage. And after days of this and the V.P. aging like 10 years. I was like um nothing has been accomplished yet 10 years went by in a day or two. I'd be interested in hearing about how others started. Virtual Village appears to be more interesting from first impression. However I'm thinking I need to run it at half speed. I don't want to be checking in half dozen times a day. Just a few times in the evenings or late nights each day. Is this feasible or does the game require more attention than that?
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I tried Virtual Families but didn't like it. So far I have not found anything else that offers the features that makes SFP so appealing. I'm not interested in playing with premade avatars; I play the sims because I can create completely original characters and build houses from scratch. I don't like cartoony, silly looking characters and I'm not that into city building or farming, although I have started casually playing Hay Day.

Honestly, I would rather deal with the annoyance of the latest update than give up the level of customization that SFP still allows.
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

I also have played VV and VF1 and it was fun, but limited. But I would pay real money for a version of sims freeplay that gives me complete control over my sims!
KrisluvsKPop
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by KrisluvsKPop »

I tried Virtual Families 2 Dream House but find the tasks very grindy, repetitive and lacking in sufficient reward for my efforts. I didn't hate it - it just didn't really speak to my need to be the "sim boss of everything". :D I tried Virtual Villagers Origins for Android and liked that a wee bit better. Then I tried VV Lost Children (free version) which was too frustrating having a pop cap of 9. Then I tried VV Tree Of Life free version. I loved it! So much so that I paid for the limited play trial version and when that went glitchy I paid for the PC version because the restored tree and stream are just so beautiful (no glitches on full version either in case anyone wonders)!

I'm happy with my PC version. I enjoy it very much but it's Windows based and my daily use computer is on Linux ubuntu, my Win XP computer requires effort (much juggling of wires and monitor sharing and no net on it besides) to use it and I have my android tablet for playing games from Google store, now, so the urge for PC gaming doesn't hit very often anymore. Well, with the exception of my Sims 1 Complete Collection and it's decade or so worth of custom content that I miss playing (it's on yet another 3rd computer) and the overwhelming task of loading all my cc to the new install on my Win XP PC ... hurts my head. >.< I tried to play without my custon content and well now I play SFP because I can't Sims without my cc. :( I'm spoiled.

Anyway, SFP was highly recommended so I decided to try it. I have a love/hate with it now, lol. My son keeps asking me, "Why do you play it if it's that frustrating?" and all I can answer is, "Because." :D

So yeah my recommendation for an alternative (or in addition) to SFP is for Virtual Villagers Tree Of Life.

~Kris :)
~Kris :)
If there's only a follow button on my FB, msg me here & I'll temporarily adjust my FB settings to everyone so you can add me as your neighbour.
HFN 3 Firehouse Road
Lvl:47
Last quest done: LD&L
Dream Homes updated
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Started playing Township just over a week ago and am loving it. Am still playing SFP but less addictively. My game is at that point where it's not particularly exciting. I'm on level 54 and it's a long slog to reach 55.
Ri_rambles
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Ri_rambles »

penlopej wrote:Started playing Township just over a week ago and am loving it. Am still playing SFP but less addictively. My game is at that point where it's not particularly exciting. I'm on level 54 and it's a long slog to reach 55.
I started playing Township roughly a month ago and then, out of the blue, just gave up on it. It's quite fun for a while but it gets a little repetitive. It's definitely something that you can't spend hours glued to (unlike the sims), which I guess it a good thing. ;)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Petra Filiz wrote:Second Life is quite possibly the ultimate game like The Sims.
Based on what or in what way?

It's as much like the Sims as any other MMO/online chatroom. I fail to see any resemblance other than some of the avatar/character creation/modification options.

Second Life isn't a game but a virtual world, or rather social meeting place with the option to be creative. It's an open world with no goals or quests (unless made by other "players" also known as residents).
You and other residents have no needs/motives like the Sims. You can only control your own avatar, others are controlled by other real people. Being creative can be done in sandboxes with ply-wood looking shapes. However, you need to pick up your creation because sandboxes get cleaned up with regular intervals. If you want it to stay you need to rent land (which costs Real Life money).

Second Life has a big economy, again based on Real Life money. Only experienced creators can make some money with it, but the big boom of 2007-2009 is well in the past now.

Linden Labs announced they'll start the Beta of the new Second Life next year. What that will be like, is unknown. They state that it'll be much like the current Second Life but built from the ground up. (Rather than gradually enhanced like it is now).
But you can be sure, it won't be like the Sims, but more like any other MMO.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I'm trying to find something too. Second life I didn't like because I don't really like to play socially like that. I'm trying out hay day, township, and FarmVille 2 to see if any of those interest me past the first day or two. I haven't tried the village games you guys spoke of above. I'll have to see if they have them for iPad. I work on a computer all day so I really only play games on my iPad.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.