Facebook

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Facebook

Post by LovemySims »

I have left Facebook due to the fact that one day about two weeks ago I logged in to my account and they would not let me proceed into it until I sent them my government I.D
I am not too happy about it and I do not supply my government I.D to companies like that. Has anyone else had this as it seems Facebook are doing it to a lot of people?
So I have lost my account as I'm not going to submit my information as easily as that.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Facebook

Post by telemwill »

Yes, I have heard of this happening to people. Ridiculous! This may mean that Facebook is going to crack down on people using pseudonyms, which would mean I would lose most of my SFP friends.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Well I'm disappointed about it but at the same time I am not supplying my personal info to them, anyone could get hold of it! They say they delete it once they see it but it's the principal really, online information isn't always safe either.
I used my real name on Facebook. I guess it's not so bad, I had had a friends list cull recently anyway so didn't have many left who I really enjoyed talking to. I will email or text instead.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Is it possible to start a new account?
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Yes I suppose I could but they've kind of annoyed me so much I just thought they could shove their website somewhere the sun doesn't shine :lol:
I read that they are rolling it out to all accounts soon so it might be best not to bother setting up again. I just think it's too much of an instrusion for them to ask for my government I.D just for a website account!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I have a feeling many people will quit the site if that happens.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Everyone who has received the same notification as I got when I logged in seem to have quit the site, so it's going to end up very empty if they roll it out to all.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

LovemySims wrote:I have left Facebook due to the fact that one day about two weeks ago I logged in to my account and they would not let me proceed into it until I sent them my government I.D
I am not too happy about it and I do not supply my government I.D to companies like that. Has anyone else had this as it seems Facebook are doing it to a lot of people?
So I have lost my account as I'm not going to submit my information as easily as that.
It is illegal in some countries to send a digital copy of your ID. If this applies to you, find the official regulations/law for your country and send them that as a reply.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Why did you delete it Petra, did they ask you the same thing?

I didn't realise that Perturbee, I will look into it, thanks for letting me know. Not sure if I want an account on Facebook anymore anyway but I'll still find out just for arguments sake!
yee.jiarong
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by yee.jiarong »

Not for me.