Guess what real people do when their oven catches fire

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Cedarwaxwing
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Guess what real people do when their oven catches fire

Post by Cedarwaxwing »

I've always found it amusing the way Sims do that panic dance and congregate in the kitchen when an oven is on fire, thinking that people just don't do that.

That was before last night when, in the middle of a party I was hosting, I walked into my kitchen and wondered why there was smoke coming out of my oven. I opened the oven door and flames leaped out. Several of my guests ran to the kitchen and joined me in staring at the oven wondering what to do. I grabbed my fire extinguisher but another friend said it would ruin the oven and suggested we just grab the pan that was aflame and throw it into the snow. Another friend was about to do that, but the fire would have burned him so he extinguished the flames with the fire extinguisher. During this time my kitchen was filled with friends and neighbors nearly doing the Sims panic dance.

(Note to self, don't put cashews on a baking sheet under the broiler and leave the kitchen for 5 minutes.)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Guess what real people do when their oven catches fire

Post by kls1st »

Oh! Hahahaha :lol: Let us be warned!

Thanks for sharing :D
LucyGross
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LucyGross »

:lol: Yes, thanks for sharing! Sorry this happened to you, but it's a charming parallel. I'd like to see one of my sims chuck a flaming pan into the snow.
My Sims are fully caffeinated. :twisted:
Haunted house is across from the Community Center (home of the white guy with black hair & a mustache).
HFN is the starter house.
Cedarwaxwing
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Cedarwaxwing »

It was a learning experience and I am glad I wasn't alone. However I probably wouldn't have been distracted if it were just me, my oven and cashews. The oven seems fine though, after a thorough cleaning.

Thanks for reading and commenting.