Welcome new members, introduce yourself here.

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Simeow

Re: Welcome new members, introduce yourself here.

Post by Simeow »

Hi, simmers!! My name is Raul. I play the Sims freeplay and I *will* play the Sims Mobile. I live in Texas so if I post something like at 5pm it would say I posted it at 18/10 pm ~ normal and military time formats.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Hello all! I'm definitely not a new member, but I haven't played for a year and a half. I think it's been about a year since I visited the forum. I just started playing again last night. I have really been missing my Sims. I thought I would have to start a new game, but would you believe my old game was still in the cloud. It was so fun to see all my old Sims again.

My goal this time around is to play without becoming obsessed. Is that possible? Lol! Please fill me in on what I need to know to catch up. I know I have missed so much, but that's ok. I still have a great little Sim town.

I'm looking forward to talking with old friends and meeting some new ones!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 20:43 Hello all! I'm definitely not a new member, but I haven't played for a year and a half. I think it's been about a year since I visited the forum. I just started playing again last night. I have really been missing my Sims. I thought I would have to start a new game, but would you believe my old game was still in the cloud. It was so fun to see all my old Sims again.

My goal this time around is to play without becoming obsessed. Is that possible? Lol! Please fill me in on what I need to know to catch up. I know I have missed so much, but that's ok. I still have a great little Sim town.

Ruth
Welcome back, Ruth <3 A lot of things have changed, others haven't. I'm sure, you'll get around! And it's indeed possible without becoming obsessed :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 16:57
telemwill wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 20:43 Hello all! I'm definitely not a new member, but I haven't played for a year and a half. I think it's been about a year since I visited the forum. I just started playing again last night. I have really been missing my Sims. I thought I would have to start a new game, but would you believe my old game was still in the cloud. It was so fun to see all my old Sims again.

Ruth
Welcome back, Ruth <3 A lot of things have changed, others haven't. I'm sure, you'll get around! And it's indeed possible without becoming obsessed :)
Yes, welcome back!!

I would say the biggest changes are the Professions and with them the Marketplace Events (you can find a list of all the marketplace event prizes here). I think the tutorials for both are fairly straightforward but you can always ask if you have questions!

There's also the Community Events and Live Events. The Wedding Belles Live Event is going on right now. Again, I think the tutorial explains everything very well. If you don't want to actually work on the event I think it's worth it to at least play through the tutorial just to get an idea of how it goes. The community events work just like the live events but have a community progress where we can also unlock prizes (we haven't had a new one of those since last December, though).

The Mystery Shop Boxes for the weekly keys just got revamped last update and there's a new Downtown Area on the map.

There are of course other little changes but I think these are the big ones!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Thank you for the links and the welcome, Leah. I have been doing the event, and even bought Laura Craft to help. Pretty much just have her doing candles since I guess I will need those to spin for constructo coins. I have started the movie and police professions, and just got the marketplace tutorial. I am not sure I understand it completely. I am wondering if it uses up the materials we need to finish building the workplaces? I'm sure I'll get it eventually though. I am really looking forward to building the SIM express to the downtown area. I have to first finish the discovery quiz I'm on which is about strange lights and a toddler super villain. Pretty cute.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
armillejunealeigh
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by armillejunealeigh »

Hi.. Im Armille a newbie.. I know this forum will help me. Actually i really need help. I have a task, practice fire hydrant using a neighbor's fire hydrant. Ive been searching a fire hydrant at my neighbors since yesterday and i can't find any... Is there anyone here who had it? Pls help me.. Thanks😃😊
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

armillejunealeigh wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 04:14 Hi.. Im Armille a newbie.. I know this forum will help me. Actually i really need help. I have a task, practice fire hydrant using a neighbor's fire hydrant. Ive been searching a fire hydrant at my neighbors since yesterday and i can't find any... Is there anyone here who had it? Pls help me.. Thanks😃😊
Welcome to the forum!

There are two threads for neighbor requests. Feel free to add your ID at the related one.

(Facebook) I need a neighbor!
(Google Play Games) Neighbour requests
iOS 17.3.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 03:52 Thank you for the links and the welcome, Leah. I have been doing the event, and even bought Laura Craft to help. Pretty much just have her doing candles since I guess I will need those to spin for constructo coins. I have started the movie and police professions, and just got the marketplace tutorial. I am not sure I understand it completely. I am wondering if it uses up the materials we need to finish building the workplaces? I'm sure I'll get it eventually though. I am really looking forward to building the SIM express to the downtown area. I have to first finish the discovery quiz I'm on which is about strange lights and a toddler super villain. Pretty cute.

Ruth
Unfortunately there is no other way than using the spin plant to get constructo coins. So I guess, taking the candles from Laura is a good way to get help with that. (Wish, she'd give at least 450 candles each time.)

For the market place you're right. It also uses the recources you'd need for building up the workplaces. But there are other requests like watch an advertising video, give simoleons or a token which you'll get from a courier. In the beginning it's not easy to get the final prize :?
iOS 17.3.1

telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Thanks again, Erin! I wish we got more candles from her as well. But I am happy to have her help. I also wish she had a longer action time to choose. But it is what it is. I have purchased all the "prizes" that need candles, so I can use them just for the coins for the rest of the event.

I am glad to know about the resources for marketplace. I think I'll just wait until my workplaces are upgraded before I do that.

Thanks again to you Erin and Leah as well. I've learned so much from the helpful links already.

Ruth
Aksims free
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Aksims free »

Hey I could really use some neighbours