Any Star Wars fans around?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Any Star Wars fans around?

Post by sesinka »

Did you watch the 7th movie yet? Any thoughts? :| :? I'm not at all happy with the new film and I'm wondering if it's just me
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Any Star Wars fans around?

Post by Sewandso »

I'm a fan but have not seen the new movie yet. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but from what I've heard it's pretty good and much better than the Prequel trilogy.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I'm not going into many specifics, so I hope no one thinks any of this will spoil it.
sesinka wrote:Did you watch the 7th movie yet? Any thoughts? :| :? I'm not at all happy with the new film and I'm wondering if it's just me
I'm not happy, either, so it isn't just you. The people who are so happy I think get mad at people who don't like it (I've had some of that lobbed at me) because I think they're just so happy they're not the prequels. And, these people weren't as hyped up so they didn't fall so far like when they saw Phantom Menace.
Sewandso wrote:I'm a fan but have not seen the new movie yet. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but from what I've heard it's pretty good and much better than the Prequel trilogy.
It's not that much better than the prequels (and I hate the prequels), just that it's a total rehash of the original trilogy so it seems better in comparison. Even John Williams' music wasn't John Williamsy enough, just kind of a tired, pale shadow of the music instead of his bold cliched style. My favorite thing about the prequels were the soundtracks.

The actors are better than Hayden Christensen, Jake Lloyd and Natalie Portman, so that helps. Lens flare, better acting, nostalgia, and pandering don't fix the tired, boring retread of old material. JJ Abrams usually disappoints me; I hated both of his Star Trek movies and Alias went downhill and jumped the shark during its second season so I didn't get my hopes up. They wasted Gwendolyn Christie. I think the only scene I liked was Rey and James Bond, um, the stormtrooper. I like that Rey and Finn aren't white males.

Since the Mouse now owns Star Wars, they're going to pump these out to squeeze every last dime from their cash cow but I think I'm done. Star Wars needs someone creative like George Lucas involved, but I think the reason he blew it so badly with the prequels, and half of Jedi, is because he didn't have anyone left to tell him no, or that won't work, or that's dumb, or don't cast that block of wood. I think I'm sticking with Star Wars, Empire, and half of Jedi as the only Star Wars movies that exist. I'm looking forward to Adywan's Revisited edits, though. The only way I'll watch 7 again is if there is a Rifftrax.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

SPOILERS! Don't read the comment if you haven't watched the movie yet!!
[spoiler="Tap here to read"]
nikigunn wrote: I'm not happy, either, so it isn't just you. The people who are so happy I think get mad at people who don't like it (I've had some of that lobbed at me) because I think they're just so happy they're not the prequels. And, these people weren't as hyped up so they didn't fall so far like when they saw Phantom Menace.
Yeah, but I'm thinking - if they like the original trilogy, why did they enjoy that stupid "A new Hope" remake ? It doesn't make sence to me at all!
nikigunn wrote: Even John Williams' music wasn't John Williamsy enough, just kind of a tired, pale shadow of the music instead of his bold cliched style. My favorite thing about the prequels were the soundtracks.
Yes, it's like he read the script and thought "oh so it's going to be a shitty movie, I don't need to put so much efford in the music".
I don't agree with you on the actors. Maybe because I'm such a huge Natalie Portman fan, I liked her far more than the chick that plays Rae (she's very pretty, I just don't like her acting). I think they overdid it with the drama and theese long silent stares they were giving to eachother were really boring (like the finale!? It was like she was trying to say: "Hold that lightsaber, I really need to go pee"). I liked Finn and his funny jokes, but then I hated the "Han Solo style" move with him leaving to go on with his life, but then rushing back to save the day.
Most of all I didn't like Kylo and the way he was powerful enough to stop a gun blast but he couldn't win a fight with a girl who wasn't at all trained to fight and to use the Force.
And I was dissapointed to find a DeathStar number 3, and yet another character that was a child with jedi abilities left on a desert planet (at least it wasn't Tatoine this time!). Come on, isn't there anything else!?[/spoiler]
nikigunn wrote: Since the Mouse now owns Star Wars, they're going to pump these out to squeeze every last dime from their cash cow but I think I'm done.

They are taking advantage of the fans, that are going to see the other 2 movies , just because it's Star Wars.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

sesinka wrote: [spoiler="Tap here to read"]I don't agree with you on the actors. Maybe because I'm such a huge Natalie Portman fan, I liked her far more than the chick that plays Rae (she's very pretty, I just don't like her acting). I think they overdid it with the drama and theese long silent stares they were giving to eachother were really boring (like the finale!? It was like she was trying to say: "Hold that lightsaber, I really need to go pee"). I liked Finn and his funny jokes, but then I hated the "Han Solo style" move with him leaving to go on with his life, but then rushing back to save the day.
Most of all I didn't like Kylo and the way he was powerful enough to stop a gun blast but he couldn't win a fight with a girl who wasn't at all trained to fight and to use the Force.
And I was dissapointed to find a DeathStar number 3, and yet another character that was a child with jedi abilities left on a desert planet (at least it wasn't Tatoine this time!). Come on, isn't there anything else!?
[/spoiler]

Natalie Portman was terrible in the prequels. She didn't have many facial expressions. She had to work with the smirking block of wood know as Hayden Christensen which didn't help. I know the movies didn't do any of the actors any favors. Even Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Samuel Jackson didn't come off at their best either.

[spoiler="Tap here to read"]My sister liked the movie but asked when the Empire would realize the Death Star doesn't work and they need to stop building them. I know why there were two in the original trilogy, since Lucas didn't know if he'd get to make the others. She said R2 should have been turned on and C-3PO should have been turned off for the movie but then there wouldn't be a movie because he had the map all along. She also said the whining was strong in the men of the Skywalker family. Anakin, Luke, Kylo Ren. Since Leia isn't like that it must be a Y chromosome thing. I said at least Luke didn't decide to be evil like those two whiny idiots.[/spoiler]

My brother didn't like it. He said the first 1/2 hour, hour, hour and a half was fine but he wondered when they would stop calling back to the original trilogy. I didn't catch what my sister-in-law thought because I was trying to let them get to bed. I was babysitting their cat, um kids, while they went to an 11:30 pm showing last night. It felt like I was watching the cat because he spent almost the entire time in my lap while the kids slept.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

nikigunn wrote: She also said the whining was strong in the men of the Skywalker family. Anakin, Luke, Kylo Ren. Since Leia isn't like that it must be a Y chromosome thing. I said at least Luke didn't decide to be evil like those two whiny idiots.
nikigunn wrote: I was babysitting their cat, um kids, while they went to an 11:30 pm showing last night. It felt like I was watching the cat because he spent almost the entire time in my lap while the kids slept.
Hahahauahau LoL :lol: :lol: :lol: