Mysterious Game Center Friend Request

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
LongTimeSimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Mysterious Game Center Friend Request

Post by LongTimeSimmer »

Hi, I'm new to this Game Center friends deal. Previously I had a iPhone 3 years ago, never noticed I had the Game Center icon nor played a game where I needed "friends" switched to a Samsung Tablet to play games( did get involve playing games where I needed friends and accumulated many friends thru Google Plus) before returning back to Apple when I bought my IPad Pro. As I obviously play SFP ( would I be here if I wasn't? :lol: ) I now need to have friends.

Now for my question: I just received a friend request from someone who not only doesn't have any games in common with me nor friends and left me a message 'how did you get such a high rank?"

High rank in what? I'm not ranked highly in any of the games I play in. In fact I'm ranked zero in most of the games I have listed in Game Center since I probably downloaded the game thinking It looked interesting, opened it up, found it wasn't a game I thought it was, deleted it(still shows up in my Game Center games regardless, ack!) . Seriously, I have a couple of kiddie games on my list that ( my 9 year old niece would find interesting though) I mistakenly thought we're city builder games. I only actually played 2 games on my game list, well actually spent much time on. This game and Fallout Shelter.

So back to my question, why would someone who I don't know, have no friends in common or games in common get my name and send me a friend request? This makes no sense? What was the purpose to that request and why ask me that so not true question about my supposedly mythical 'high rank' score? I stupidly accepted mistakenly thinking I could answer back with a ' ??? ' alas, unfortunately was unable to. Is this a way for someone to hack a account or they just looking to accumulate many friends on their friend list for some dumb reason? I do not have a common Nik name nor do I have any friend request messages on any forums.

BTW, while I'm here, my Game Center name is cgrogan29 and I do need neighbors so if anyone is interested I will happily accept any request from players here looking for neighbors. I'm on level 26. I have been only playing this game for 2 weeks but I'm finding it way to easy to click on the "buy more LP" so I can fly thru most of the quest due to the fact that I have no patience waiting out the time for tasks. Ack! I seriously need to delete my wallet from this tablet because I'm making myself so poor playing this addicting game, :lol: .
My Courtesy House is located last house on the left across from the park. It contains: all hobby items and skills in addition to the fire pole. haunted house with a maze to trap ghosts, is located On a beach properties next to the town sign
ErinPW

Re: Mysterious Game Center Friend Request

Post by ErinPW »

Welcome to the forum :)

There are two versions of Sims FreePlay. One is for North America, the other is for the Rest Of World. Depending on where you live, the game shows up in "games in common" or just in the list of "games of your friend". If the game doesn't show up in both categories, the GC-user doesn't play SFP.

If you don't have games and friends in common with the strange user, it's possible the guy lives somewhere around you. Maybe, it's a good idea to check the privacy settings of your Game Center:
Open the iPad settings, scroll down at the left hand side, find and tap Game Center. On the right hand side you'll then find "Invitations" with two options. There is also a description what they are for. If you want you can uncheck the options by tapping the slider.

Underneath that tap your short name to open the Game Center-profile. If you want you can uncheck "Public profile".

I have unchecked all options and I don't get requests, unless I have told my GC Name.

Hope, this helps :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
LongTimeSimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LongTimeSimmer »

Thank you, I'll try that. :) knowing me I probably do have lax privacy settings, it's not until something like this happens that forces me to do something. Happened with my gaming Facebook account, I kept getting weird friend requests or worse messages from young teenage boys wanting to "chat" with me. I was like, listen kid, I'm old enough to be your grandmother( ahem...a very young one ) so go away :lol: . The funniest message I received was from a guy thinking my game avatar that I was using as my avatar on Facebook, was an actual picture of me. If you're familiar with the game Covet you'd know there's no mistaking those images as an actual person. It's a drawing, lol. Jeez, I had to block so many, it's not even funny. This is why I no longer use that account.

Anyway, I'll try it but hopefully I'll still get friend requests from fellow SFP players. I do want friend requests but only from folks that play SFP.
My Courtesy House is located last house on the left across from the park. It contains: all hobby items and skills in addition to the fire pole. haunted house with a maze to trap ghosts, is located On a beach properties next to the town sign
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Privacy is highly important to me. Especially on Facebook :)

Sure you' can get friend requests from players who know your GC name. You have found the neighbor request topic and sent request/s already. So I guess everything is fine :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I have 6 or 7 friends on game centre that don't have SFP listed, either in their game list or games in common, yet I can visit their town from my game. I'm guessing they either deleted the game and/or changed to a different device but the old cloud save is still accessible.
If I deleted anyone who is still using my town, just request again, mentioning SFP.
Updated town info in profile
LongTimeSimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LongTimeSimmer »

Debbilu_7 wrote:I have 6 or 7 friends on game centre that don't have SFP listed, either in their game list or games in common, yet I can visit their town from my game. I'm guessing they either deleted the game and/or changed to a different device but the old cloud save is still accessible.
If I deleted anyone who is still using my town, just request again, mentioning SFP.
Yeah, I had played this game 3 years ago on an android but stopped playing and deleted it. I guess I must have a game still floating in cyberspace, although I never got into the social aspect of the game. Not sure if it either existed back then or I just played without trying to get friends. The only thing I do remember is I did have the stable completed fully unlike currently and I stopped playing because I was already playing a money draining game at the time. I couldn't afford to play both. Pity we can't join our old games with the game we're playing now.