Forum

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Re: Forum

Post by nogard0 »

Perturbee wrote:
nogard0 wrote:wheres your alter personilty's magnifying glass ?
:D As you might see, the avatar has no glasses whereas my alter-sim does. Our Sims have such big pockets that there is room for a magnifying glass.
(I wish there was one in the game though.)

I'd love a private investigator career in the game, like in the Sims 3.
i wonder if kate warren (sp?) circa 1860, the first female detective/private eye, used a magnifying glass much.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

nogard0 wrote:i wonder if kate warren (sp?) circa 1860, the first female detective/private eye, used a magnifying glass much.
I doubt any real detective used it much, it originates from the stories of Sherlock Holmes as far as I know and stuck with the stereotype ever since.

Kate Warne was an interesting person, sadly she died young (38). Thank you for pointing her out, I had not heard of her before.
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by PaQuilter »

Perturbee, you are absolutely amazing. How do you have time to setup & moderate this forum, work on your out of this world town in SFP, and help everyone. Your avatar should have a cape as well! Thank you... :P
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Thank you! I do have a lot of time, so it's not that hard. :)
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

Perturbee wrote:Hi,

If you notice something not working properly or you miss access to something, please let me know. This forum has so many features, bells and whistles that I might have overlooked something during the two hour setup.
Almost every time I search for something here, I get an error telling me my search terms are too common (like "premium" and "house" -- I'm trying to find pictures of the houses before I build a new one so I can see what I'm getting first).

I don't think this is a glitch or that it's not working correctly, I just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem and/or if phpBB has different settings for what's considered too common. Right now, it's not a huge deal since the site is still small-ish but once more people find it, and as long as the official forums remain unavailable, not being able to perform useful searches could result in a whole lot of duplicate or similar threads.

PS: Thanks for setting this site up, Perturbee. I've been following Firemonkeys around from forum to forum every time they switched and when the most recent official one went down I felt lost. I hadn't realized how often I visit them! :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

tangerine wrote:Almost every time I search for something here, I get an error telling me my search terms are too common (like "premium" and "house" -- I'm trying to find pictures of the houses before I build a new one so I can see what I'm getting first).

I don't think this is a glitch or that it's not working correctly, I just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem and/or if phpBB has different settings for what's considered too common. Right now, it's not a huge deal since the site is still small-ish but once more people find it, and as long as the official forums remain unavailable, not being able to perform useful searches could result in a whole lot of duplicate or similar threads.

PS: Thanks for setting this site up, Perturbee. I've been following Firemonkeys around from forum to forum every time they switched and when the most recent official one went down I felt lost. I hadn't realized how often I visit them! :)
"Premium house" apparently fell into the 3% commonality threshold (of currently 14431 words), which was the default setting. I tested it after I lowered it to 1% of the total amount of indexed words. But even at 1% it seems that "premium house" is too common. So I simply disabled the commonality percentage, so you get loads of post with both premium and house in it. (Search found 155 matches: Premium house)

Finding results is like using google, the better the keywords used, the higher the chances of finding what you're looking for.

You're very welcome, when FM's site closed I made this forum as a fall back. It seems that FM's idea of temporary means until the end of times... :shock: