Spammers

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
ZeeGee

Re: Spammers

Post by ZeeGee »

Thanks, ze mighty Cathy!
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

I got a pm from someone who send me a video of I'm assuming their video on their channel. I mean I don't mind people send me stuff but felt like I should "report it" just in case. Oh and btw i mean "report it" as in make a post on here awkoneldging it Cuz idk if there is a feature that reports spam messages in my inbox.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Simsfanatic wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 05:25 I got a pm from someone who send me a video of I'm assuming their video on their channel. I mean I don't mind people send me stuff but felt like I should "report it" just in case. Oh and btw i mean "report it" as in make a post on here awkoneldging it Cuz idk if there is a feature that reports spam messages in my inbox.
There is a feature to report spam messages. It is the exclamation point button between the delete and quote buttons in the upper right hand corner of the message.

Exclamation Point is the Report button
Exclamation Point is the Report button

Tapping on the report button brings up this screen. From there you can pick why you are reporting the message or fill in the description box if the reason doesn't fall into one of the two provided reasons.

IMG_8129.PNG

A PM of an unsolicited video to someone else's channel or website would fall under the "The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product" reason.

Please do report the message. As Perturbee mentioned in the opening post, if spam PMs aren't reported we don't know they are being sent and can't see/read them. By reporting the PMs we can see/read the PM and act accordingly. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I got a spam message but deleted it straight away, next time I'll report it. It was from a user called EmilyTheft, I think some sort of advertisement, nothing particularly offensive just spam.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Someone else reported that Spammer, banned.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Thanks for being so on top of things!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update