Forum looking weird

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
BabyKiwi03
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Forum looking weird

Post by BabyKiwi03 »

Hey, is this happening to anyone else? If so, please help!
Attachments
IMG_6730.JPG
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by playsims »

I am also seeing what you are viewing above.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Forum looking weird

Post by Rosie »

I'm having some difficulties in the main forum area and I can't read what is where. I come here fairly often so I kind of know my way around, but not when I'm looking for help with something specific, like VIP stuff. This just began today. Also these White drop down things are helpful, but some are kind of long and they are blocking what is written behind them. I don't know how to close them. Thanks!
Attachments
Sim forum weird today
Sim forum weird today
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The forum has been updated today. Looks like it has caused some weird stuff. Our Board Admin will take care as soon as possible.

It may be helpful to know the browser where you have this problem.

While using my tablet and the browser Safari everything is fine. On my computer I'm using Firefox and it looks like this:
Attachments
IMG_6719.JPG
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Just to add, on chrome I had the above - couldn't read anything, logged in on firefox (although it's saying it's an old, outdated version of firefox as I don't usually use it) and everything looks normal. Safari on my iphone is fine also.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Me too except all the circles looked red (unread). Firefox! Fine on my phone (safari)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: 19 Jan 2017, 23:18 Also these White drop down things are helpful, but some are kind of long and they are blocking what is written behind them. I don't know how to close them. Thanks!

I'm sure, as Erin said, this will all get sorted out fairly quickly but for now to (temporarily) close the drop down menus just click on the menu header for which ever drop down menu you are currently trying to see behind. It's a whack-a-mole situation, though! Clicking on one header to get rid of one drop down menu will cause the last one you tried to get rid of to pop back open again.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

Im on kindle,which is using silk browser. What helps me is to open private browsing and it looks fine.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I use Chrome on my desktop and the same thing was happening to me. I did notice that Chrome was due for an update so I started that update. Once the update completed the forum went back to looking normal!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Hi,

The problems with the red icons, menus open and other small graphics glitches are related to cache conflicts (old stuff in cache, new on server). I've reset the server cache as well again, just in case.

Solution: Refresh/reload the forum. :)

(If that doesn't, make sure you close all instances of the browser on your computer/device, then try again).