Forum looking weird

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Forum looking weird

Post by ellasweet »

I've tried closing everything off and even restarting my desktop, but I am still seeing the messed up version using chrome on desktop.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Strange, I've ran out of test-devices/browsers and I can not reproduce it at all.

Things to try:
- at the bottom of the page: "Delete All Board Cookies" (probably doesn't change a thing, but it doesn't hurt anyway).

In Chrome:
Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete, or use the dotted menu > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data, or use this in a new tab: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
This will pop-up the delete browsing stuff. The only thing that does need deleting (rest optional) is Cached images and files (from the past week).
Chrome - Clear browsing data
Chrome - Clear browsing data
This should really sort it out, unless some place along the way is caching things between you and the server (which I doubt, I can't afford cloudflare for the forum).
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Deleting cached images and files did it for me, it's all back to normal now. I had to refresh the page, but didn't even need to restart the browser after clearing the cache. Thanks for your help!
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Yup! Just delete cached images and files like Perturbee said, site is working fine now for me.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Looks good today!
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

(Already posted, but can't edit my post and wanted to add this.)
I know not much was changed, but the UI looks and feels sleeker. Much nicer on mobile.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

On the front of the forum the little paper symbols are all over and I can barely read what anything says. Plus, all of these tab thingies keep popping up even after I close them. I've tried what's been mentioned and it's not workng.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I was having this problem on my chrome browser on my cellphone and tablet. When I was looking for the place to clear the cache in my drop down menu, I saw a check box for request desktop site. I get tired of always getting the mobile sites, so I clicked the box, and the website reloaded and now it's absolutely fine! Wasn't expecting that, but maybe it will work for someone else.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Thanks ... I had this problem too. All good now though.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Tara2388 wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 21:10 On the front of the forum the little paper symbols are all over and I can barely read what anything says. Plus, all of these tab thingies keep popping up even after I close them. I've tried what's been mentioned and it's not workng.
I can't do much about it from my end, it's your browser that needs picking up on changes. What device and browser are you seeing this on?
Did you try another browser? Have you restarted?

It should have returned to normal after a visit or two anyway as all the cache on our end has been deleted.