Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Post by Perturbee »

Animal Crossing (Pocket Camp) came to mobile devices about a month ago! :mrgreen:
Opening Screen
Opening Screen
Yay! It's still one of my favourite games (I played it on Wii, NDS, 3DS and now Android).

If you don't know what Animal Crossing is, check it out: https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site
It's cute, it's cheerful, it's making friends, it's decorating, and it's collecting all rolled into one with a quirky sense of humour thrown in.
It's "Free-to-Start" so there are some premium things in there, but from what I know you should be able to play it all without investing a penny.

It's not as in-depth as the ones for console/handhelds, but instead of paying $40 for the game, it's free!

Also, if you're on Android and your device is rooted, you'll need something like Magisk or the game will crash!
If you're on iOS and jailbroken your device, then it's tough luck, you won't be able to play until you restored iOS to its original state.

If you want to add me as your friend (I don't have much yet as I started today) my ID is: 5750 9570 078 (Cathy)
ID Screenshot
ID Screenshot
Feel free to post your ID in this thread if you want to add friends (picture not required, but appreciated in case of typos).
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Post by amberkat »

I have Animal Crossing on my NDS and love playing it. Starting playing the mobile game as soon as it was released.

amberkat
ID: 6895 2158 593
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I've received your request and added you. I'm still low level as I play only an hour or so per day.
I have a dream-code of my town for you if you happen to have New Leaf: 6D00-00B9-62FE.
I haven't played on my NDS in years, but I still play on my 3DS (ACNL), I think that one is the best version so far.

I feel the mobile version lacks some of the nice things that New Leaf has, but maybe it'll expand in the future.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I've been playing for a couple of days. I've been enjoying decorating my camp site so far, although there definitely isn't as much to do as I remember from the console versions.

I've added you both as friends. :D
Screenshot_20171202-182207.png
Contrary
ID: 2195 3993 060
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

Thanks for making me your friend. Can't read japanese, so I am having trouble telling some of my friends apart (especially when they are all in santa outfits).

It has been a while since I played the NDS version. Never played the console or 3DS version. Miss the different trees. Don't miss having to equip the different items before you could collect stuff.

Hopefully they will add more as the game gets older (and less buggy). The first few days were extremely frustrating. :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I find myself returning to the Wild World (NDS) and New Leaf (3DS) versions because Pocket Camp lacks all the planting options (I love cross-breeding flowers!) and ability to decorate your town. I no longer have a Wii, so City Folks is off the list.

I only check in every day on Pocket Camp. I do hope they'll expand it, because now it does feel like a trimmed down version, perhaps a little more like Happy Home Designer than the regular AC games. The upside is that it's free and still managed to keep the characters chats, even though that too gets more repetitive than in the others.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

big update coming soon ( i would guess after christmas event). will have gardening. looking forward to it. should make the game a little more interesting. :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Gardening and clothing crafting were announced yesterday as well as an appearance of a mystery guest.

The gardening will be great, I hope we get to grow hybrids too (which is one of the things I love to do in New Leaf). The clothing crafting will probably be limited to what we unlock.

As for the mystery guest...
[+] Click to see my guess
I bet it's Rover!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I started playing and sent requests to all three of you. My ID is 7836 3519 308 and my character is Kailie.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.