Need to vent

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Need to vent

Post by tangerine »

I'm super irritated and need to vent to people who might understand why I'm so frustrated. I was in Sims Freeplay looking at bundles in the online store and started to buy one, but changed my mind and pressed cancel. A little notice popped up saying if I made an in-app purchase in the next 24 hours I'd get $1 off my purchase. I almost never spend real money on the Sims so I figured what the heck and bought the bundle. I actually bought two but that doesn't matter.

Long story short, I didn't get the $1 off and after going back and forth with Google support, they won't honor the discount and they won't refund my money, which I wouldn't have spent if there wasn't a discount offered. I even went into my second game and got the same pop up message, took a screenshot and included that in the email, but that didn't help. They suggest I ask Firemonkeys for a refund, but I feel bad doing that because it's not their fault Google sucks.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? I don't think this is an actual scam of Google's (although, it is a good way to get people to spend money, I just think Google is too big to do something so shady and petty), I just think it was a glitch of some sort and they won't do anything about it. I know it's only a dollar, but I wouldn't have bought either bundle if it wasn't for the discount. Grrr. Argh! So annoyed. :(
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Need to vent

Post by SKatF »

Not same, but I made an ingame purchase thru Google play and did not receive content. I tried to go to game developer, who wanted all kinds ofproofs of purchase, gave me runaround, said they were sorry but due to technical difficulties couldn't give content. And would not give refund. Just some substitute content that was worth much less.

So I went to Google Play and they said that my reason for requesting refund (did not receive content) did "not meet their criteria" for a refund.

I have made a number of successful ingame purchases with Google Play, but now make ingame purchases through my Kindle whenever possible because of this experience.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

That's crazy. How does it not meet their criteria? I hope the content didn't cost too much. I don't know anything about Kindle. Does Amazon have better customer relations than Google?

I like all the fun apps and games that are available but it's so frustrating when you spend real world money, even if it's only a few bucks, and you don't get what you paid for. I tried the McDonald's app recently and the first time was fine but the second time the restaurant didn't have one of the items and said I'd have to get my money back through the app, but there's no phone number and the response to the email I sent basically said I should dispute it through my credit card company. It's only five bucks so it doesn't seem worth it but it sure adds up over time.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

tangerine wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 23:48 That's crazy. How does it not meet their criteria? I hope the content didn't cost too much. I don't know anything about Kindle. Does Amazon have better customer relations than Google?

I like all the fun apps and games that are available but it's so frustrating when you spend real world money, even if it's only a few bucks, and you don't get what you paid for. I tried the McDonald's app recently and the first time was fine but the second time the restaurant didn't have one of the items and said I'd have to get my money back through the app, but there's no phone number and the response to the email I sent basically said I should dispute it through my credit card company. It's only five bucks so it doesn't seem worth it but it sure adds up over time.
I haven't had any problems lately, but Amazon has always refunded my money when I did not receive what I paid for from an app. On one game I played from a smaller company, Amazon suspended the apps ability to sell in game items to Kindle users. The company finally took the issue seriously and fixed the problem.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

*waves to telemwill*
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: