What ruins your day?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: What ruins your day?

Post by kls1st »

SIMazing wrote:
LaLaLucy wrote:I am afraid this will sound petty. But when I go to the campground, I am bothered that the water doesn't flow down the dry canyon under the bridge. Maybe it's because we are SO dry here in Southern California. I want to see water overflow the pool and run under the bridge.
Do you think if I went to the castle and decreed rain for the day, maybe the pool would overflow?
As a fellow SoCal gal I totally hear you! While driving today I was bummed that everyone's lawns (those who still have them) are all drying out. Our corner of the world is turning yellow while our neighboring states are getting too much water. (I miss the lush green. I want them to send us their excess water!) And it would great if my sims could go remove the rocks by the ocean and let the water flow in that stream!
Sending you rain from Florida. I would like water in the canyon, too. I always feel a little vertiginous looking down it. Maybe flowing water would help. Maybe it would make it worse? The waterfalls, too. It would be prettier, either way. Maybe our sims should do a rain dance. Perhaps a diviner hobby...
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

kls1st wrote:
SIMazing wrote:
LaLaLucy wrote:I am afraid this will sound petty. But when I go to the campground, I am bothered that the water doesn't flow down the dry canyon under the bridge. Maybe it's because we are SO dry here in Southern California. I want to see water overflow the pool and run under the bridge.
Do you think if I went to the castle and decreed rain for the day, maybe the pool would overflow?
As a fellow SoCal gal I totally hear you! While driving today I was bummed that everyone's lawns (those who still have them) are all drying out. Our corner of the world is turning yellow while our neighboring states are getting too much water. (I miss the lush green. I want them to send us their excess water!) And it would great if my sims could go remove the rocks by the ocean and let the water flow in that stream!
Sending you rain from Florida. I would like water in the canyon, too. I always feel a little vertiginous looking down it. Maybe flowing water would help. Maybe it would make it worse? The waterfalls, too. It would be prettier, either way. Maybe our sims should do a rain dance. Perhaps a diviner hobby...
Thank you Kls1st! I don't know about another hobby, but I wouldn't mind a medicine man career. 8-)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I've been meaning to catch up on this thread for ages as I found it very interesting. I knew it would make me smile when I did....and it has :D

I can send you all plenty of rain ladies! I live in England. Plenty to go round. Your canyons would be full!

I have never even seen a canyon :oops: but I would gladly share my English rain with you both!
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

What ruins my day. Many days and months for that matter?

When someone thinks it's ok to kill the beloved lion I've been fortunate enough to know and study for many years. :(

Just because we have the ability to do something, doesn't make it right. Sadly this happens across the world, everyday. I hope this is the tragedy that spurs action...Action not by the few, but by the masses. Only then will his death not have been in vain.

Cecil will be sorely missed, but he'll be in my heart forever.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I'm so sorry DelDel! It is absolutely appalling. I think the U.S. should give that SOB over for trial and then they can keep him in a hellhole forever. I'm a dog fosterer, granted not nearly so grand as lions, but every day I hear stories about horrible humans. I just placed a three month old puppy someone had thrown out a moving car window! F***ing humans! But another not so f***ing human, stopped to get her which gave me the opportunity to find her a new home and now she's living happily ever after. I do believe that good wins out in the end. Just have to keep working at it and mitigate the suffering in the meantime.
DelDel wrote:What ruins my day. Many days and months for that matter?

When someone thinks it's ok to kill the beloved lion I've been fortunate enough to know and study for many years. :(

Just because we have the ability to do something, doesn't make it right. Sadly this happens across the world, everyday. I hope this is the tragedy that spurs action...Action not by the few, but by the masses. Only then will his death not have been in vain.

kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I didn't do it alone and I didn't save the world but here's one who's
living happily ever after...
image.jpg
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

kls1st wrote:I'm so sorry DelDel! It is absolutely appalling. I think the U.S. should give that SOB over for trial and then they can keep him in a hellhole forever. I'm a dog fosterer, granted not nearly so grand as lions, but every day I hear stories about horrible humans. I just placed a three month old puppy someone had thrown out a moving car window! F***ing humans! But another not so f***ing human, stopped to get her which gave me the opportunity to find her a new home and now she's living happily ever after. I do believe that good wins out in the end. Just have to keep working at it and mitigate the suffering in the meantime.
DelDel wrote:What ruins my day. Many days and months for that matter?

Thank you so much!

And just so you know, I think you are wrong ;) ...being a foster parent to dogs who just need a kind person in this world to show them that we're not all monsters IS grand! :D

I think it's incredible! Every life, no matter the species, is precious. :D
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I'd like to add to this thread without bringing it down.....please.

The Big C has ruined my day. 3 weeks ago I went for a 'routine' blood test and general check up. I'm a fit and healthy, if a little busy, working mum. The last 3 weekends have been a whirlwind of phone calls, test results, phone calls to go for more tests without a clue what all the fuss is about :| it's been a proper roller coaster ride where I didn't get time to think about what was going on or why.
Today I finally got answers and the results of all my tests. I have Multiple Myeloma :cry: BANG just like that. So I've been spending my valuable simming time researching what the hell is going on in my body instead of playing.
Although I will say in the midst of all my angst and terror I still found time to keep up with the finger painting task :oops: it was a welcome distraction.

Not looking for sympathy or answers. Just thought I'd say what ruined my day :mrgreen:
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

:evil: That sucks! Good luck. There are new treatments and more coming. Hang in there. :(
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Thanks Kis1st. I'm feeling better today. I have a husband who I love dearly but we have pootled on so long together that he refuses to believe anything might interfere with that.
I sent him to bed with his fingers in ears last night saying 'la.....la...la' :roll:

We forget it's hard on those who love us as well. I'm a get on with your life until you drop sort of person. I'd do well to realise not everyone has my outlook on life :oops: or maybe he's just worried I'll leave him my sims game in my will :shock: :shock: even I am not that cruel :lol: