What ruins your day?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
ErinPW

Re: What ruins your day?

Post by ErinPW »

What ruins my day? E.g. capslock at forums, because it looks like shouting/yelling.
:roll: :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

Having to study so much and not getting to play the sims.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Going to work to a quite far place once a week and Forget my iPad (and obviously my sims) up there. It doesn't ruin my day, it ruins an entire week :'(
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Bad drivers!!
Why is the whole world in such a hurry? There is nothing like a vehicle to change someone from a normal person into an impatient, speed freak who has no considerations for others. My pet hate is bad drivers cussing at other bad drivers because they're both being bad.

I include in this my husband who, despite not being in the military anymore, still thinks he's driving a tank!! I've had words with him earlier about his unsavoury behaviour behind the wheel.

Will it make a difference? Who knows? All you can do is give someone something to think about.

I probably should say we've been married 28 years and heated discussions are like the proverbial water off the ducks back :lol:
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Even though I love the fireworks, they still kinda ruin my day because my sweetest little dog in the world gets so scared. She's liable to chatter her teeth to bits. Adding insult to injury, there's thunder in the distance and that's more than quite enough for her poor self even without all the celebratory hullabaloo. The other dog has spent the day barking, like he's challenging it to "come down here and say that!" adding noise and anxiety to a noisy, anxious day. The old one, even though she's nearly deaf, shivers because the others are so cranked up. I think it's over now. Everyone has settled down. Maybe the thunder won't seem so bad after all that...

I hate bad drivers too! My husband is the opposite of yours tho, bluebeariscool. I call him Mr. Poke-Along. He wants twenty percent off of everything, including the speed limit :lol: We say about the people in our town that they are the sweetest folks, until you get them behind the wheel or in a voting booth. Then they're all just a bunch of crazy old meanies :o They're either senile or drunk or they hate you or some combination thereof.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Oh Kis1st this has made me smile. LOVE the twenty percent thing. Poor old Mr Poke along. I want to give him a hug :D

I have a dog who is also afraid of fireworks (and thunder, which there's been a lot of here this week) and his first reaction is always to run outside where the scary things are. I don't get it?

I have messy teenage boys to add to my list tonight. Me, husband and daughter have been away for 2 days. I left 3 teenage boys in charge. I had to go back outside and check I hadn't pulled up at the local tip (dump for my American friends) when I got home. I don't even ask them to get their hands wet! Just put the dishes in the dishwasher, realise there is NO sock fairy who removes rancid socks and learn that towels are not happy living on the floor.

I remember a time about a few years back when I had too many toddlers running around thinking 'Oh my god....it will never be any worse than this'.......I was wrong! :lol:
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Oh hey! I'd rather twenty percent off than a speeding maniac, for sure! Even so, I usually drive, unless there's a lot of navigating to do. His sense of direction is worse than his driving :lol:

We had to get the barker in the house for the fireworks. He was so excited I thought he'd bust through the fence! We never had children and some day they'll thank us! I much prefer dogs to children. Children grow up to be humans. Dogs are just dogs and always hopeful. Granted they need picking up after, too. When we owned a store we used to tell people any children left over at closing would be sold for medical experiments. Did you know children get the same diseases humans do? ;)
LaLaLucy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LaLaLucy »

I am afraid this will sound petty. But when I go to the campground, I am bothered that the water doesn't flow down the dry canyon under the bridge. Maybe it's because we are SO dry here in Southern California. I want to see water overflow the pool and run under the bridge.
Do you think if I went to the castle and decreed rain for the day, maybe the pool would overflow?
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

LaLaLucy wrote:I am afraid this will sound petty. But when I go to the campground, I am bothered that the water doesn't flow down the dry canyon under the bridge. Maybe it's because we are SO dry here in Southern California. I want to see water overflow the pool and run under the bridge.
Do you think if I went to the castle and decreed rain for the day, maybe the pool would overflow?
No, unfortunately rain doesn't change the landscape like that. You can't do anything to change the way the campground was designed by the game makers. The most you'll see on your home lot is a few puddles.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

LaLaLucy wrote:I am afraid this will sound petty. But when I go to the campground, I am bothered that the water doesn't flow down the dry canyon under the bridge. Maybe it's because we are SO dry here in Southern California. I want to see water overflow the pool and run under the bridge.
As a fellow SoCal gal I totally hear you! While driving today I was bummed that everyone's lawns (those who still have them) are all drying out. Our corner of the world is turning yellow while our neighboring states are getting too much water. (I miss the lush green. I want them to send us their excess water!) And it would great if my sims could go remove the rocks by the ocean and let the water flow in that stream!
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)