Any Simming MineCrafters want to meet/play?

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Any Simming MineCrafters want to meet/play?

Post by Perturbee »

Hiya,

One of my other favourite games is Minecraft. I play both the regular version and occasionally MC:PE (Pocket edition). I prefer the regular, because the world is so much bigger!

So here is some not so shameless self-promotion... :oops:

I was wondering if there is any interest in playing on my server. I'm building one just for the fun of it (and when I am able to). I'm hoping to get a friendly community like we have here (and on FB). The server is located in the USA and has a very fast connection. Even from Europe!

This is what I have implemented (and am working on):
- Common sense rules: No spam, no griefing, normal chat (no trash or swearing), behave maturely, no lag inducing automations.
- Core-protection (to roll back grief)
- Anti-Cheat
- No PVP (that is no player versus player fights)
- Reasonably sized elliptic world! (currently 10,000 by 6,000 blocks, if needed it can grow!)
- Latest biomes (including a lovely flower forest!)
- Fair economy (which means you will be able to buy/sell/trade with in-game money, but won't get ripped off, except perhaps with player to player trade).
- Build a house, farm, castle or a town, it's up to you :)
- Region protection upon request (so you can have only you and your friends build there)
- Survival or Adventure mode in-world

Live map: http://mc.perturbee.net:8123/

Currently the server is in white-list mode, so you can only log in after I know your MineCraft-name. (Follow the link at the bottom to sign up, use SimsFP as a referrer, so I know you came from here).
The white-list will be removed after the official opening around mid-January/early February, then everybody can join without signing up.
The server is running CraftBukkit 1.7.2-test, which means you can use Minecraft's standard 1.7.2 version. But since this is an early development/test version, there might be bugs!

Future additions:
- Pets! (More than just the standard ones!)
- NPCs (Non Player Characters)
- NPC Quests (You can earn rewards!)
- NPC Postal deliveries (Yes, your local postman will deliver throughout the world, provided your town has a post office!)

Aside the above, I'm open to reasonable requests/suggestions for additions and offer a special rank to those who want to help building towns/places as well as testing things during the setup phase. (Yes, you can send me schematics to place, if you've got a wonderful building!)

The reason I've started my own server is that after a long search and several disappointments I found one I liked, but isn't well managed, nor has the features I like.

See you there?

Rules with sign-up form at the bottom: http://www.perturbee.net/mc-rules.html

Default spawn point and shops (Skyrim inspired "Riverwood"):
"Riverwood"
"Riverwood"
A random spot in the big Flower Forest:
Flower Forest
Flower Forest
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Any Simming MineCrafters want to meet/play?

Post by Lishws720 »

Wow, I love Minecraft, too! I'm a complete noob in the PC version, but I love MCPE. Maybe I'll get better at the PC one and come visit your server. It sounds fun!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Lishws720 wrote:Wow, I love Minecraft, too! I'm a complete noob in the PC version, but I love MCPE. Maybe I'll get better at the PC one and come visit your server. It sounds fun!
I find the PC one much easier to play and handle and feel somewhat limited with the 256 by 256 blocks worlds.
I can help you with some tips and tricks if you want to give it a try.

When MC:PE is able to handle bigger worlds, I might consider adding a server-part for it too.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Perturbee wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:Wow, I love Minecraft, too! I'm a complete noob in the PC version, but I love MCPE. Maybe I'll get better at the PC one and come visit your server. It sounds fun!
I find the PC one much easier to play and handle and feel somewhat limited with the 256 by 256 blocks worlds.
I can help you with some tips and tricks if you want to give it a try.

When MC:PE is able to handle bigger worlds, I might consider adding a server-part for it too.
Don't get me wrong, I love playing PC Minecraft, I just don't feel comfortable fighting hostile mobs yet. But I love exploring caves, mining, and building. My daughter is amazing at building, she builds spawn points on various servers, and she's only 13! She's the PC pro, and I'm the newbie, lol!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

I have never heard of Minecraft so - I'm off to do some research :)
GC Id: 144Vaux
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

144Vaux wrote:I have never heard of Minecraft so - I'm off to do some research :)
No 8 to 15 year olds living with you? :D

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

The game is very popular with youngsters, but I have met several "mature" people on my travels. I'm not an avid gamer in the sense that I can kill things easy, but with the right stuff my 'deaths' are a lot less.

There are a few things on the server that make things easier:
- Free Chainmail armour (once per day)
- Free Stone weapons/tools (once per day, makes starting easier)
- Iron armour/tools/weapons and food available cheap (with in-game money, starting funds: $250)
- Selling poisonous fish/meat for money (why keep it?)
- Keep inventory upon death!
And more to come
144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

@Lish ... nope ... 60 year old Husband :)
GC Id: 144Vaux
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

144Vaux wrote:@Lish ... nope ... 60 year old Husband :)
Go to Google Images and type in Minecraft. You will be amazed. By the way, my 53 year old husband and I (51 here) both play Minecraft, but mostly Pocket Edition on the iPad. If you want to see some amazing worlds check out the You Tube videos. I recommend Madnes64 and his Kargeth medieval world. Jaw-dropping!

Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Perturbee wrote:The game is very popular with youngsters, but I have met several "mature" people on my travels. I'm not an avid gamer in the sense that I can kill things easy, but with the right stuff my 'deaths' are a lot less.

There are a few things on the server that make things easier:
- Free Chainmail armour (once per day)
- Free Stone weapons/tools (once per day, makes starting easier)
- Iron armour/tools/weapons and food available cheap (with in-game money, starting funds: $250)
- Selling poisonous fish/meat for money (why keep it?)
- Keep inventory upon death!
And more to come
You had me at Keep inventory upon death! :D I will ask my daughter how to get on servers, but it might not be until her winter break because she has 2 school projects due and finals next week.

Perturbee, have you ever seen Madnes64's You Tube videos? His medieval world is stunning; you should check it out.

Oh, and to answer your question, why keep poisonous meat? According to some Minecraft You Tube regulars (Paul Soares Jr. comes to mind), if you tame a wolf into a dog you can feed it zombie flesh with no ill effects. I wonder if the poison fish works on tame ocelots...