The Simwich Cuckoos

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

The Simwich Cuckoos

Post by Simbellini »

Awaiting next update I was inspired to write this story about my sims by a famous novel and the upheaval caused to some of our towns by the Pregnancy Update.
I've tried to keep it tongue in cheek as deleting sims to some of us is too scary already.
I'm blundering along a bit as I'm new to posting but if anyone likes to read let me know and I'll write as it's a good therapy to traumatic updates-so there may be quite a lot of it once I start. So here we go!

Part 1 - a new start or the beginning of my end..

My name is Lee Florida. I'm writing this in case-well in case one day I'm just...gone. I want my story to be known and I want to warn others who may come to live in this seemingly cosy little town.
I was uneasy even before I arrived but that unease grew when I had spent a few days here.
My Aunt Tampa used to live here. We were quite close and used to chat away on the phone quite a lot. She seemed to like it here-said everyone was very friendly and she loved the area as it was so beautiful and safe. She especially loved her architecturally designed house.
She came here to work as an artist because she said it was so picturesque. I thought she would become really successful because she was so talented but then things seemed to go wrong for her. She kept changing her job-one day she became a fire-fighter then suddenly she was a budding politician. It just all seemed so weird and out of her control
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: The Simwich Cuckoos

Post by telemwill »

Great start!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Thank you telemwill-btw I really enjoyed your story about Violet. With another update due to hit us it's no wonder we don't have much time to post our stories here. But here's another bit of mine-it's very appropriate I think!

Part 1 cont
Worst of all every few weeks my aunt would suddenly get obsessed with artisan crafting. "Obsessed"! There's a word that keeps coming up. She'd be making pottery for days and days on end and I couldn't even get to speak to her until she felt she'd fulfilled some quota or other that she was obsessed with.
There's that word again.
Anyway then she'd go back to something "normal" and I do mean "normal". She said she was doing a lot of cooking or whatever but again that wasn't like her. But then-bam! She'd drop off the radar again and be obsessively making jewellery, glassware or even candles. I thought it was just weird but it was her life and she seemed happy enough.
Then during our last phone call she told me there were rumours that some big change was coming to her town. She said it worried her that everyone was so apprehensive. The "simwichers" as they called themselves said that the last time there was such a change the "Grim Reaper" came into town. I actually laughed and said "Oh that's just some ridiculous small town superstition".
But now I'm really sorry I didn't take her more seriously because that was the last time I spoke to her...
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 2 - Steamship Simwich

So there I was in Simwich. I moved into my aunt's house telling everyone that I was keeping it in good shape for her for when she returned. In truth of course I was there to see what had happened to her. It seemed like a nice place - lovely coastline complete with lighthouse and an intriguing island where there was rumoured to be a volcano which erupted regularly (which I couldn't believe then but now I'd believe anything) and just as my aunt had said - the house was very stylish. They must have had some talented architects as there were some really beautiful properties.

Actually I had to get away from my previous life anyway for reasons I won't go into now. That's all in the past and hardly seems real anymore with what has happened since I came here. I didn't know then why the town would give me nightmares bland and pleasant as it first appears.

But I dreamt sometimes that I went on the steamboat in the estuary and found myself in the other town which was more or less the same as Simwich. The same landmarks etc but all the houses were different and the people too and I'd wake up terrified.

Was it an echo of my other life or was I searching for my Aunt Tampa? I was not getting far with my questions. The simwichers mostly avoided any talk of her and said maybe she went to another town. But there were signs in her house that she had suddenly disappeared; dirty dishes,piles of laundry and her travel bags still in the spare room...
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Love the love - thank you :)
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 3 - living the Simwich dream

I lived near the main bridge in town and if I relaxed by the pool in the evening and looked towards the lit up Simwich sign, I could see fireworks and strobe lights and hear loud music drifting across the water. My neighbours told me it was a famous film star's party house.

There was an impressive shopping mall and a huge sports arena over there I'd heard as well as some prestigious film studios so I supposed it wasn't surprising that a film star lived nearby. I just wished he didn't have to party all night especially when I started to feel I could really do with a good night's sleep.

But no that was not what was really disturbing about the place. Everyone was mostly very friendly and welcoming as my aunt had said. They seemed to get on well although I did witness one resident give another one a real slap one day which was obviously disturbing.

There was a pretty park complete with a peculiar statue which seemed to fascinate everyone but they were always keen to chat and stop bird-feeding or boat sailing. There were lots of other places they were eager for me to explore. It seemed there was a wilderness area with a lovely sounding waterfall and campground and a tropical romantic island which sounded captivating.

Then they told me of a magical rainforest and a medieval castle where you could be a monarch for a day. I thought they must be theme parks near the fairgrounds I'd heard of on the island I'd yet to visit. They were all so enthusiastic telling me of what they'd done and where they'd been until I mentioned my aunt - then they'd all suddenly need to go to work or harvest some crop they were growing.

I came here to work as a scientist at Simcorp Laboratories but that's not going to work out. I'll explain why later...
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 4 - it's all work in Simwich

To say there seemed to be a strong work ethic in Simwich was an understatement and they all seemed to be high achievers in their chosen careers - athletes, musicians, doctors you name it. There was even a famous film director and she was probably best friends with the famous film star.

They had their leisure activities - always an elder citizen fishing in the park and I'd seen someone go into the Health Hub Gym occasionally. But then that word "obsessive" applied again.

In my walks around town looking for any trace of my aunt I saw things that didn't seem normal. For instance I'd passed a house a few times and could see ten Simwichers doing aerobics - seemed quite admirable. But they were always there - morning, noon and it seemed all night.

Then there was another house where the same number - yes ten again - were nearly always cooking. And I do mean always cooking - plates piled high, everyone rushing around and no-one eating.

I remembered what my aunt had told me and it gave me the chills.

I'd heard rumours that some of the houses were haunted. Hmm! As I said I am - or was -a scientist before I came to live here. However I passed one place which looked like a palace made of ice. I know how that sounds but that is what it looked like which I knew was really odd because mostly everything in town was very smart and stylish.

Anyway who should be going in but the aerobics group - I recognized them. Not that I was stalking them or anything - it was just their weird sports gear which was really outlandish. Some going in looked worn out but the ones coming out were jumping about and looked all sparky and bright.

Well in the interests of science I looked in one of the windows. You'd never believe it but they were all in there dancing in front of some hokey-looking fish wall ornaments - now that I can't explain scientifically.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Oh, my!! I am laughing so much. Can't wait to read more.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

telemwill wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 16:36 Oh, my!! I am laughing so much. Can't wait to read more.

Ruth
I'm glad this part made you laugh Ruth because I fear very soon it's gonna get a lot darker :o
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Part 5 - a happy event?

So now I have to get around to explaining the strangest thing that has happened to me since I moved here. As I said I came here looking for my aunt and to work. Well I've not achieved much in either respect because as soon as I arrived here I started to feel ill and really strange and then I realized I was pregnant. As I said - I have things in my past...I'm not going to say who the father is but I knew I had to manage on my own.

At first I found it hard to believe but as the days went by it became perfectly obvious that it was true. My friend and my neighbours were thrilled and couldn't have been more supportive. They all wanted to knit, sew, wash dishes and even like my simterest posts and wanted to arrange girl's nights in to keep me cheerful.

The Simwicher I'd become closest to was Dover Delaware. She was a very smart and level-headed blond who wore glasses which made her look like a teacher but she was a fire-fighter. She was ambitious and said she wanted to make Fire Chief. I admired her. She was the sort of career woman I thought I was going to be. She had no serious boyfriends and looked at me and said "I'm happy for you but being a mum is not for me!"

We would laugh together and marvel at my baby bump and she said I should get a belly cast done - which made us laugh even more. She said the last time she had seen a bump grow as quickly as mine was when her friend gave birth to a really gifted child. I was intrigued and wanted to know more. But she clammed up and muttered something about not being in touch with her previous friend anymore.

That should have been a warning to me but I just thought - a gifted child. What could be wrong with that?