[QUEST] Bread Winner

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

Re: [QUEST] Bread Winner

Post by ErinPW »

Groovylocks wrote:[snip]

I notice in your first post you say "When you complete the grid the first time you unlock Chopping Boards." Can you tell me more about that? I'm not sure what you mean by completing the grid. Maybe this is something I haven't done yet.

I think I can pass this task with baking - everyone seems to imply I can. But (and this is going to sound silly) I have a Sim that I really WANT to endow with a cooking hobby. If I just can't, that's fine. But I'd really like to.

Thanks!
Have a look at Perturbee's blog for the hobby informations. There have been changes within the last few updates. But I'm sure it will still help :)

It doesn't sound silly, if you want that hobby for a sim. Not at all :D
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Twistedkitty wrote: You need to have a microwave to be able to cook burgers :) I've only just figured that out after cooking all morning :lol:
And a toaster apparently. According to FM's FAQ about the cooking hobby "all recipes require a stove. Some recipes will require another appliance to complete them..."

Here is FM's guide about the new cooking hobby
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Evezz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Evezz »

Cooking hobby is like high striker, it gives you all the same percentage for different recipes. Is it just me?
Groovylocks
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Groovylocks »

Yup. I have three quest boxes going on at once. One is a neighbour quest set. I didn't choose this or anything. It just started questing me. Which is annoying as none of my neighbours have an easel so I'm stuck on that one. :roll:
Groovylocks
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Groovylocks »

ErinPW wrote:
Have a look at Perturbee's blog for the hobby informations. There have been changes within the last few updates. But I'm sure it will still help :)

It doesn't sound silly, if you want that hobby for a sim. Not at all :D
Ah yeah. This doesn't mention cooking but maybe I can ask them if they have any information on it.

I figure it's something I have to do first.. That I just haven't done. I'll give it some time and see what happens and if I can't get it to happen, I'll contact the company.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Groovylocks wrote:Yup. I have three quest boxes going on at once. One is a neighbour quest set. I didn't choose this or anything. It just started questing me. Which is annoying as none of my neighbours have an easel so I'm stuck on that one. :roll:
If you have three, one of them is the quest you have to complete before you get a new one. If you look closely at it, it may tell you the next quest in the queue.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

just to note that the 'Buy a Toaster' task did not complete immediately, even though I have at least 1 in my town... anyway, just spend $750 to buy it would do...
mockingbird288z

bloodcool wrote:just to note that the 'Buy a Toaster' task did not complete immediately, even though I have at least 1 in my town... anyway, just spend $750 to buy it would do...
Hmm, it completed immediately for me. But I was in a house that had a toaster so maybe that's what did it.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird288z wrote:
bloodcool wrote:just to note that the 'Buy a Toaster' task did not complete immediately, even though I have at least 1 in my town... anyway, just spend $750 to buy it would do...
Hmm, it completed immediately for me. But I was in a house that had a toaster so maybe that's what did it.
probably that's the key to complete immediately, as my Sim is not in a house with a toaster... even though when I went to the one with toaster it still does not register...
mockingbird288z

bloodcool wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
probably that's the key to complete immediately, as my Sim is not in a house with a toaster... even though when I went to the one with toaster it still does not register...
I amended the list. :)