[QUEST] Bread Winner

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Headshot_Harry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] Bread Winner

Post by Headshot_Harry »

Since this update, I can no longer move a sim out if town via the wardrobe. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know if there is now another way to 'delete' an unwanted sim??
GC : patSh20
HFN #2 Divers Way
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Headshot_Harry wrote:Since this update, I can no longer move a sim out if town via the wardrobe. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know if there is now another way to 'delete' an unwanted sim??
See here.
Headshot_Harry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Headshot_Harry »

HordePrime wrote:
Headshot_Harry wrote:Since this update, I can no longer move a sim out if town via the wardrobe. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know if there is now another way to 'delete' an unwanted sim??
See here.
Thanks
GC : patSh20
HFN #2 Divers Way
CatDeville
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatDeville »

Yes. I'm talking about those, but they do not behave the same as the dining tables that precede them in the store in that you can put *multiple* plates on these tables, whereas you can only put *1* stack of dishes on the dining tables (which precede them.)

Which is why I called them "side tables"... because they behave differently from the "dining tables."

And in Android on both of my phones you can't actually see what the system actually calls them until you place them and select them, which is annoying.

So... to be clearer... the first set of "dining tables" allow you to sit 4 people at the table, but you can only put *1* stack of dishes on them. The rest of the "dining tables", the ones I called "side tables" and then later "islands" will hold 2, 3 or 4 stacks (respectively)... the ones I'm calling islands are 2x2. If there are also 2x3, they should presumably hold 6 stacks.

Hope that's clearer. :)
mockingbird288z wrote:
CatDeville wrote: We now have *SIDE TABLES* to put our dishes on to serve in the store, as well as some "islands'. Your sim will only set one stack of plates on the dining table (folks have to have space to sit and eat!) but s/he will place plates on any open counter (not a corner or covered with a cupboard!), or on any of the new side tables in the shop! The side tables start after the dining tables in the shop... you can tell when you get to them because the prices drop again. The first one is $600.
Are you talking about these tables?
image.jpg
If so, these are just dining tables and have been around since day 1. Well, the pink one came around about two months after the game was launched... Anyway, it's good to know that the chef can place dishes on a table!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

CatDeville wrote:Yes. I'm talking about those, but they do not behave the same as the dining tables that precede them in the store in that you can put *multiple* plates on these tables, whereas you can only put *1* stack of dishes on the dining tables (which precede them.)

Which is why I called them "side tables"... because they behave differently from the "dining tables."

And in Android on both of my phones you can't actually see what the system actually calls them until you place them and select them, which is annoying.

So... to be clearer... the first set of "dining tables" allow you to sit 4 people at the table, but you can only put *1* stack of dishes on them. The rest of the "dining tables", the ones I called "side tables" and then later "islands" will hold 2, 3 or 4 stacks (respectively)... the ones I'm calling islands are 2x2. If there are also 2x3, they should presumably hold 6 stacks.

Hope that's clearer. :)
You can call them whatever you want. I was mostly mentioning the fact that these tables are not "new". The cheap simoleon ones have been around from the beginning, the ones that cost SP have been around since June 2012, and the LP and super duper expensive simoleon ones have been around since April 2013. We get very excited about new items here so I wanted to clarify that they are in fact not new.

Incidentally, I believe your game might have a glitch because my chef was able to place *2* stacks of dishes on the "dining tables":
§600 table followed by "dining tables"
§600 table followed by "dining tables"
As for your islands, yes, the 2x3 will hold 6 stacks of plates and the 1x3 will hold 3 plates but both will sit 6 people.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Really love this update :)
Attachments
Tachos for breakfast
Tachos for breakfast
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

ErinPW wrote:Really love this update :)
Me too! :-) Especially the fact that toddlers can now join their family at the dinner table. :-D Did you notice that the toddlers bounce in their seat in between bites? It's sooo cute! :-)
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Yes, I've noticed. Our toddlers are so adorable :D
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I love this update too, best one since Christmas, I think. I didn't realize how much eating together and cooking was part of the whole Sims experience but now it seems much more like the PC version to me, funny, huh.
Attachments
Eating breakfast at Winterfell
Eating breakfast at Winterfell
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I love this update too! And if it turns out that the restaurant becomes like the stables and my sims never visit I will still love it because everybody can sit down for a meal together! Now we really need the ability to have different shaped sims - my sims have been eating so much! :lol:
Family eating together! Strangers eating together! Yay!
Family eating together! Strangers eating together! Yay!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update