Quests and their order of appearance

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Quests and their order of appearance

Post by Perturbee »

Updated with the latest quest.
See also https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... pdate-FAQs
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Well that does answer some questions. If I am reading that right, we will have to pick a Sim to kill up for the quest. I am NOT happy about that.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Yikes! Looks like they want us to plunge right in! :( Any idea how long we have before the update becomes mandatory?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

SIMazing wrote:Yikes! Looks like they want us to plunge right in! :( Any idea how long we have before the update becomes mandatory?
So far it has been proven that when you update, the quest will start (unless you have others in the queue). If you skip this update and go for the next one, in theory the quest should start then. I never tried that. The only way to hold this one back is not updating.
Stenn
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Stenn »

Wow! That is quite a bit of information! At least we are offered the singing salmon as a reward for completing the quest on time. I'll have to read that again to wrap my brain around the concept of those orbs.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Ugh, not updating. And if they force me to update, I haven't made my next available Sim yet (and haven't done the baby glitch yet due to real life interfering this week), so maybe I'll make one that I can age up and then kill off - I have 4 unpopped birthday cakes that I was saving for the baby glitch, but I can make an adult and age him to senior right away, because he's not supposed to be there anyway - somebody like Tom Riddle who wasn't going to be in my Simtown even in my wildest imagination.

Half of my Sims started hibernating when they came home from work / school (again due to RL issues, I haven't been playing much this week, everybody else is either reading the BBofS or planting hamburgers. Both toddlers are hibernating. As they finish reading or planting, they are going to bed to hibernate until I can look at this mess of an update. I turned off all of my auto updates.

It might be interesting to get a singing fish, but only if I don't have to kill off one of my original Sims. Then they want me to make a baby to replace the dead Sim? Eeesh... Are they going to give us more Sims or are they trying to make us kill them off so we can keep adding babies? Don't want to do that - I have a bunch of empty houses! What's the point of having all those lots to build on when there is nobody to live in them?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Jan_S
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Jan_S »

This update is meant to get rid of the extra sims that people have gotten through the baby glitch. It is a cynical update, because the baby glitch was not cheating, but FM or EA have decided that because so many (apparently, or otherwise why would they bother) have used the baby glitch to create double and sometimes triple the the 32 sim limit, they are determined to kill off those extra sims. It may be because their servers are having a hard time trying to cope with the extra sims.

They are also apparently targeting the deer farms and pet farms people have created, again because they don't want those types of anomalies to occur in their game.

This is basically a clean up operation targeting the multiplication of sims and pets in order to force players to get back to the original level limits they believe the game should have.

Whether people can avoid this by not updating is questionable. Every update that I have experienced (and I'm an original player from day 1) has eventually been mandatory and you are forced to update whether you like it or not.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Jan_S wrote:This update is meant to get rid of the extra sims that people have gotten through the baby glitch. It is a cynical update, because the baby glitch was not cheating, but FM or EA have decided that because so many (apparently, or otherwise why would they bother) have used the baby glitch to create double and sometimes triple the the 32 sim limit, they are determined to kill off those extra sims. It may be because their servers are having a hard time trying to cope with the extra sims.

They are also apparently targeting the deer farms and pet farms people have created, again because they don't want those types of anomalies to occur in their game.

This is basically a clean up operation targeting the multiplication of sims and pets in order to force players to get back to the original level limits they believe the game should have.

Whether people can avoid this by not updating is questionable. Every update that I have experienced (and I'm an original player from day 1) has eventually been mandatory and you are forced to update whether you like it or not.
Does the update affect the existing pet farms you have? Or does it just prevent one from making or expanding existing pet farms?
And I agree that it definitely a move to get rid of the extra Sims from the baby glitch. And a way of getting folks to spend the LPs they got from the Christmas LP glitch :P
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Jan_S
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Jan_S »

From what I've seen posted (and I am looking through many posts) the pet glitch is being halted. Whether they have plans to rid the game of the pets is not clear.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Jan_S wrote:From what I've seen posted (and I am looking through many posts) the pet glitch is being halted. Whether they have plans to rid the game of the pets is not clear.
Thanks, Jan. Makes sense that they halted the pet glitch, but I think it would be difficult for them to get rid of the existing extra deer ;)
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)