[DISCOVERY QUEST] Sunset Mall

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Sunset Mall

Post by Lenny »

Does anyone else find it annoying that the modelling hobby takes 10.30 hours? They should at least had given a shorter option like with salsa, breakdance or broom flying. It will take ages to get to shops unlook. I hope they at least don't give out the same medal over and over again.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

Yeah, but there's no timer on the modelling! It can take as long as it takes without any penalty. Sure, I'd like to get the mall open faster, but I'm not going to miss anything if it takes longer. I've got my burger joint with some judicious LP spending and now the rest will get there eventually on its own.
Neighbor info is on my profile here!
Simslover177
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simslover177 »

Lenny wrote:Does anyone else find it annoying that the modelling hobby takes 10.30 hours? They should at least had given a shorter option like with salsa, breakdance or broom flying. It will take ages to get to shops unlook. I hope they at least don't give out the same medal over and over again.
I know it is ridiculous. I wish it was 1hr and 30min.That is an appropriate time for a fashion show. Also I wish the stores didn't cost so much! I had 2 million simoleons now I have 300 thousand. That is also because of buying clothes. It is just to much.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I'm busy building my catwalk at the moment. Does each store cost money to open?! I thought they were going to auto open when I completed each line on the fashion hobby grid.
No way am I spending too many hard earned Simoleons on this, it will have to be done in stages for me so I can work my Sims and keep my Simoleons balance up as I open each thing.
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

LovemySims wrote:I'm busy building my catwalk at the moment. Does each store cost money to open?! I thought they were going to auto open when I completed each line on the fashion hobby grid.
No way am I spending too many hard earned Simoleons on this, it will have to be done in stages for me so I can work my Sims and keep my Simoleons balance up as I open each thing.
They do cost simoleans and take time, but not on the scale of building freestanding stores. I think my first two were $6000 and $10000, 6 hours each.
Neighbor info is on my profile here!
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Ah that's useful to know thanks Tiger, I'll save some up so I can build them without worrying although with 10 and a half hours for each catwalk session it will probably take a while!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I am wondering if all the stores in the mall are the same prices for everyone. :?:

Here's how much every thing cost for me (with all community buildings built):

Mall Area 1
All Sizes - §1,000

Mall Area 2 - §15,000
Casual Clothing - §90,000
Wumple Zone - §100,000
No Small Feet - §75,000
Growing Up! - §110,000

Mall Area 3 - §25,000
Shoulder Pad - §110,000
Heel YR Soles - §90,000
Style for Men - §125,000
Zip It - §90,000

How much did the stores (whatever ones you have available to build) cost you guys?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

So far I've only built the first two on your list Mockingbird, which cost the same as you paid.
Looking at the prices on that list I think mine are going to be built in stages! This mall has cost us a fortune in Simoleons. 1,732,000 in total after we've built all the stores. :shock:

How much does the bowling alley cost to build?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

LovemySims wrote:How much does the bowling alley cost to build?
It's not yet available (from the 12th onwards).

It will cost § 100,000, takes 8 hours to build and gives a Town Value of + § 70,000
mzwpg
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by mzwpg »

is it just me or is it crazy that sims cannot actually eat a burger at the burger place in the mall????