[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
G8rtchr
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by G8rtchr »

Hi! New here... Has anyone posted anywhere the order of tasks for balconies? I really appreciate the tip about the glitchy examine cameras task. :D
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

G8rtchr wrote:Hi! New here... Has anyone posted anywhere the order of tasks for balconies? I really appreciate the tip about the glitchy examine cameras task. :D
http://sfptips.perturbee.net/2015/05/di ... lcony.html
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

My examine the camera part of the task was great, I started it, saw it was going to take over ten hours so got deflated. Made a cup of tea, came back to the game and when I opened it back up the action had completed after only 5 minutes?! I thought it was strange but was glad it was finished, has anyone else had that or is theirs getting stuck on the entire time?

I'm now up to the reading the play bit which is going to take twenty four blooming hours, which I don't really want to wait but I don't have spare LP at present to waste on hurrying it on, I hate it when they make a long drawn out bit in anything!
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Wow I got a note about balcony quest and Bree is available in the park too! Surprising as I don't even have multiple floors/stairs yet. I wonder what would happen if I did it? I am just about to finish pre-teens, so I'm not even close to unlocking multi-story... hmmm
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Deedee wrote:Wow I got a note about balcony quest and Bree is available in the park too! Surprising as I don't even have multiple floors/stairs yet. I wonder what would happen if I did it? I am just about to finish pre-teens, so I'm not even close to unlocking multi-story... hmmm
That's the patios quest... :)
G8rtchr
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by G8rtchr »

Thank you Perturbee for such a detailed blog! Such a HUGE help... :D
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

LovemySims wrote:My examine the camera part of the task was great, I started it, saw it was going to take over ten hours so got deflated. Made a cup of tea, came back to the game and when I opened it back up the action had completed after only 5 minutes?! I thought it was strange but was glad it was finished, has anyone else had that or is theirs getting stuck on the entire time?
It happened to me too but since I noticed it'd take 10h and it was midnight I just turned my iPod off and went to bed xD. In the morning I went to check how much time was left and it turned out it was done already xD
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Perturbee wrote:
Deedee wrote:Wow I got a note about balcony quest and Bree is available in the park too! Surprising as I don't even have multiple floors/stairs yet. I wonder what would happen if I did it? I am just about to finish pre-teens, so I'm not even close to unlocking multi-story... hmmm
That's the patios quest... :)

Nope, I already completed the patios. I got the note about balconies about an hour later. I'm in no hurry in any case... I just finished preteens and need to get started on the restaurant, weather, snow park and THEN multi-stories, so it can wait I think. Wonder what would happen if I did do it tho- maybe it would just save it as done and let me use it at the right time.

It does do that - I think I got a couple of teen radios with some pre-built homes and when I put the radios into inventory they disappeared and aren't in the buy mode anywhere - I suspect because they're being saved for the "right time" although since I bought them, I think that's a bit bunk, but whatever.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Deedee wrote:Nope, I already completed the patios.
In that case, Bree will be waiting for you at the community centre, not the park :D
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

ErinPW wrote:I just read on the german forum, it looks like we have to wait 24 hours after completing the patio quest, before we can start the balcony quest. The start info will appear when we switch to the town map. Only then we will find Bree at the Community Center.
Blackderp wrote:I can't find Bree or anyway to start the quest anywhere. I tried the park and the Community Center but they are empty.
Did you complete the patio quest? If yes, you might have to wait a few more hours.

Hi, y'all. I just wanted to bump this because it is exactly how it worked for me, and I'd like to spare any fellow anxiety-ridden players from submitting needless tickets at fire monkeys, and/or pulling their hair out over virtual balconies.
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼