[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by mockingbird288z »

belpita wrote:
belpita wrote:I got asked to start the quest, but at the time (2 days ago?) I wanted to finish something else. Now Bree is in the park, but I can't interact with her. I have the Survivalist event and the Pirate quest going at the moment, but neither of those are discovery ones, so I don't understand why I can't start the balcony quest. Any ideas?
Well, I'll reply to myself - LOL!
The quest reappeared as a sign above the fishing bridge in the park, while Bree is juggling in another spot there. Might be of use to someone else. :)
Thanks for letting us know! Glad you are able to start the quest!!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Edit: resolved. I sent all other sims away, then the frozen one at the DIY home became unstuck.

One of my sims is "stuck" on the Court Another Sim task. I see others have had problems with it, but in my case the task has completed (no option to complete with LP) and my sim on the ground is fine, but the one on the balcony can't be selected and her sim tracker is like when sims are walking to a chair and temporarily can't be whistled over. I tried resetting the game, but the same thing happened. Any ideas?
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I haven't gotten to this quest yet, but I have to ask - when adding another floor to an existing house, does it *have* to be the same shape as the one below it, does it *have* to substitute any space subtracted from that with balconies, or can I just draw rooms in the size and shape I want above existing floorspace and add stairs as needed? The sample homes in Other Sim Town only show houses where the second story is the exact same size and shape as the ground floor.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Once the next floor is added, you get to draw the rooms any size and shape that fits on top of the floor below it. No extending beyond the lower rooms unless it's a balcony. That said, any parts of that upper floor that aren't made into a room or balcony above a room cause walls to spring up around the empty space remaining. This is why so many players make rooms for the whole floor, or a few rooms and then build balconies as fake flat roofs. I have done both real balconies for sim use and ones just for looks.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Wow. Ugly. It'd be nice if the roof could just angle up against exterior walls like real ones do instead of leaving mystery gaps, that kind of puts a damper on some of my planned designs. Ah well, I'll have to manage. Thanks.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Is there a way to separate balcony paving for ones like the one that comes with the chateau?

I'd like to make 2 balconies on the same floor in opposite sides but can't seem to do it...maybe it's not possible.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Anyone know about the balcony pavings question above?
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

Butterfly wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 04:50 Anyone know about the balcony pavings question above?
i don't think its possible unfortunately
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

Butterfly wrote: 11 Feb 2017, 06:08 Is there a way to separate balcony paving for ones like the one that comes with the chateau?

I'd like to make 2 balconies on the same floor in opposite sides but can't seem to do it...maybe it's not possible.
The balcony for the DIY Home is actually made up of 3 balconies. (The patio is 2, I think.) You can definitely separate them in build mode, but it gets expensive moving them around, for instance if you want them to be on opposite sides of the house. You would have to draw and reshape them a lot.

I also just posted a tip for how to get more balconies with the same paving. I linked to a Tumblr post I made about it with lots of pictures, but also did a quick explanation in the topic post here.

Tumblr post: http://simslanding.tumblr.com/post/1573 ... for-french
Topic post here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4232#p60062
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Thanks a bunch Lyla!