[Discovery QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [QUEST] DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balcony

Post by MimLady »

I set the Examine Cameras task before I went to sleep last night. When I checked this morning the countdown was still on 10 hours 59 mins, when it should only have had maybe 3 hours to run. I was most annoyed as I'd waited up to set that task overnight! Checked on another sim who is orb grinding, went back to DIY house and Examine Cameras completed immediately. Now the Practise Flirting task has come up as 10 hours not 10 minutes.
Left game to check if anyone else had reported any problems here and when I went back to game the Practise Flirting completed.
So seems there may be a few oddities with the timing and it's probably worth leaving the DIY house, then going back to see if the problem has resolved itself.
Blackderp
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Blackderp »

I can't find Bree or anyway to start the quest anywhere. I tried the park and the Community Center but they are empty.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

MimLady wrote:I set the Examine Cameras task before I went to sleep last night. When I checked this morning the countdown was still on 10 hours 59 mins, when it should only have had maybe 3 hours to run. I was most annoyed as I'd waited up to set that task overnight! Checked on another sim who is orb grinding, went back to DIY house and Examine Cameras completed immediately. Now the Practise Flirting task has come up as 10 hours not 10 minutes.
Left game to check if anyone else had reported any problems here and when I went back to game the Practise Flirting completed.
So seems there may be a few oddities with the timing and it's probably worth leaving the DIY house, then going back to see if the problem has resolved itself.
Thanks for this. I started the camera task at about 5.30 this morning. It is now 10 a.m and after reading this I checked the house and the task completed immediately. Next task flirting for 10 minutes.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I just read on the german forum, it looks like we have to wait 24 hours after completing the patio quest, before we can start the balcony quest. The start info will appear when we switch to the town map. Only then we will find Bree at the Community Center.
Blackderp wrote:I can't find Bree or anyway to start the quest anywhere. I tried the park and the Community Center but they are empty.
Did you complete the patio quest? If yes, you might have to wait a few more hours.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Friedeldiedel
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Friedeldiedel »

I hope it's true about the 24 hour wait. If that's the case I should be able to play later tonight!
Lockheart
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Lockheart »

I click on bree at community center but nothing happens and theres no pop up message no goal either. Im on balcony quest already . Please help!:/
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

From FB:
Bagatelle: Little feedback....some players had the quest 24 hours after everybody....We don't know why....
And some people said the quest began after they completed their daily task....
I assume she meant one of the weekly tasks batch. Can anyone confirm the task bit?
Lothlorien
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Lothlorien »

Hi, I'm new here. :) I just wanted to tell you that the balcony quest started for me about 8 or 9 hours ago (early Thursday morning, U.S. west coast). It probably was 24 hours after finishing the patio quest. I was worried when I didn't get the quest yesterday, so I wanted to reassure anyone else who didn't get the balcony quest yet. I think they'll get it pretty soon.
RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RiverSong11 »

I had problems with the examine camera task too. I went to check on it and it should've had at least an hour missing but it wasn't. Went to farm my reindeers and when I came back it completed. The court another sim from a balcony task gave me problems. I watched it count down down to zero and then it wouldn't complete. I tried leaving and going back several times but it was stuck on 0 seconds for like 5 min I finally had to use 1 lp to skip and that worked. Overall I think this quest if full of pesky bugs
Spoilers!
GC: MadAlice85
Haunted Hotel at 3 East Side
Reindeer Farm at 2 East Side
POLICE UPDATE
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

If your task sticks at 0%, do a four finger flick. Probably it will complete.