[Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Sarasayshi
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odyssey

Post by Sarasayshi »

I am now on 11 days and FM hasn't responded and the request expired but still has "sit with puppy" staring at me. Has anyone had them follow up and fix the cloud saved game?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Sarasayshi wrote:I am now on 11 days and FM hasn't responded and the request expired but still has "sit with puppy" staring at me. Has anyone had them follow up and fix the cloud saved game?
I've seen quite a few people post on Facebook that FM has fixed their game. I would add a reply to your original ticket asking again that they fix your missing puppy. Let them know that the timer has run out and you lost your chance at the outfits, too. I'm not sure if they will give them to you but it is worth a shot.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Discovery QUEST] A Puppy Odysse

Post by alsie27 »

Sarasayshi wrote:I am now on 11 days and FM hasn't responded and the request expired but still has "sit with puppy" staring at me. Has anyone had them follow up and fix the cloud saved game?
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I did have them respond and fix the issue, it took about a week. And today a surprising thing happened: I got a pop-up saying that new outfits for puppies and kittens had been added to the Pet salon, even though I had completed the quest late (and already a couple of days ago). There was another pop-up that said "thanks for your patience and support" or something like that. I didn't even have to specifically ask for the prize.
m11kj
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by m11kj »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere in the forum, but the 'missing puppy/kitten' issue seems to stick around even after the quest is finished. A few days ago when I was playing on my Android device, I had two of my sims in bathing suits hold a puppy and a kitten each in their arms and exit the game for some errands.When I reopened the game I found that both the puppy and kitten in their arms had gone invisible, just like how someone described in this thread. And when I had both sims put the invisible pets down on the ground sth. weirder happened: the plumbob that was supposed to be on top of a sim now was on top of one of the invisible pet that was just in the sim's arms! When I tap the plumbob on top of the pet it showed me the normal pet-interaction options, and I cant get the plumbob back onto the 'carrier sim' unless if I get them to 'change back to everyday outfit' (they had their bathing suits on). But once I did that, the pet went invisible (more like untraceable) completely. Sometimes they reappear if I call them using the puppy play mat or kitten play box, but often they stay invisible even if they come and join the hobby...for one puppy I had to go to the pet salon and change its outfit (the pets that went invisible all had their outfit on) to get it reappear. I originally thought that it was because my sims were wearing bathing suits, but another day when my sim had their normal clothes on and was 'hugging the puppy' the pet went invisible halfway through and I had to change its outfit again...gosh I wish this thing doesn't become a consistent problem to my game. Something must have gone wrong in the coding of this entire update as it is not just a glitch in the quest alone now...I really, really hope FM could fix this in the next update I don't want my sims to have ghost pets :(
mockingbird288z

m11kj wrote:Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere in the forum, but the 'missing puppy/kitten' issue seems to stick around even after the quest is finished...[snip]
This is a different issue than the 'missing puppy' glitch that is plaguing some players. In that glitch the puppy literally disappears (not just becomes invisible) making it impossible to finish the quest without help from FM.

The puppies or kittens becoming invisible, while annoying, can be temporarily fixed by players and doesn't impede progress in the game. There's a good chance they both will be fixed in the upcoming Romance update. :)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I luvs the kittens... Big surprise huh? Hahahaha
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Invisible puppy
Attachments
20160119_145656.jpg
20160119_145909.jpg
20160119_150829.jpg
m11kj
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by m11kj »

mockingbird288z wrote:
This is a different issue than the 'missing puppy' glitch that is plaguing some players. In that glitch the puppy literally disappears (not just becomes invisible) making it impossible to finish the quest without help from FM.

The puppies or kittens becoming invisible, while annoying, can be temporarily fixed by players and doesn't impede progress in the game. There's a good chance they both will be fixed in the upcoming Romance update. :)
I thought so as well, but since they are both glitches with the pets I thought it was something that came along with this update..but then I remembered babies could disappear from sims' arms before.. ah well, maybe it's something with the 'holding xxx in arms' codes, who knows :( hope they get fixed indeed *prayers*
SKatF wrote:Invisible puppy
I know right! Some glitches in sfp kinda freak me out and this is one of them :(
EireannQ
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by EireannQ »

Hi! I'm new, never played sims before, so I'm still figuring stuff out. Can someone please tell me how I can buy a pet playmat? What/where is the Promotions r us store?? Thanks!
mockingbird288z

EireannQ wrote:Hi! I'm new, never played sims before, so I'm still figuring stuff out. Can someone please tell me how I can buy a pet playmat? What/where is the Promotions r us store?? Thanks!
The Promotions R Us store is the last store in the row of three next to the park.
promotionsrus.png