[DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
theENDtype
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

Post by theENDtype »

I probably have dumped over a 100 LPs and one time extension into this event so far. So far 8/12 on a second to last set with less then 24 hrs to go.

This is probably now up there with the baby onesie event in terms of least favorite event, but at least that came back so I could get the three sets I was missing.
I have the ice sculpting event on the back burner right now but at least I only need to get one person to Lv.6 and the last item for that questline.
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

Hooray, I've done it. I'm through.Got the last set an hour ago. It took only the SPs to get ten mats - I don't remember how many, and I don't want to know :( - 100 LPs and three time extensions. It was definitely worth it - arghh. Of course not!

But at least, and that's the good part, EA won't bother me to buy the set like they did with the wizards costumes countless times over and over again! Yeah!
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

grumpler66 wrote: 22 Jan 2017, 15:48 Hooray, I've done it. I'm through.Got the last set an hour ago. It took only the SPs to get ten mats - I don't remember how many, and I don't want to know :( - 100 LPs and three time extensions. It was definitely worth it - arghh. Of course not!

But at least, and that's the good part, EA won't bother me to buy the set like they did with the wizards costumes countless times over and over again! Yeah!
Haha! Yeah, the outfits are pretty eh. I got 2 of the outfits, and used about 20-60 LP along with one time extension. Its not like my male sims will walk around in something like that, show some class! Plus, my female sims won't walk around in something that revealing. I think the outfits are better for just mixing and matching. The shoes are my favorite part. I've always needed good running shoes for my sims, and now I have what I want. Or at least, 2 pairs of them.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Since I finally got a sim to level 6 after the event ended last night, I didn't get any of the outfits except the one that goes with the hobby. :roll: And I spent a fair amount of LPs trying to get that one sim completely leveled up. I didn't use any time extensions because the outfits just aren't worth using those up. Nor will I spend the amount of RL money they will probably charge in the online store for them. If by some miracle they only charge a few bucks for the complete set of all the outfits, I might think about buying them. :lol:
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by -Caz- »

I put this one off so am only just completing the aerobics hobby event - I think they have made it easier since all your posts!

My sims levelled up quickly (5x6.5hrs) to level 6...

I'm probably still going to struggle to get all the outfits due to the long action length (though I've saved some LPs up so fingers crossed) but it seems much better than what was described :)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Oh Caz, I hope you're right!!! That was one of the more annoying hobby slogs I've done.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Yes, the hobby percentage increase is much faster as of the Daycare update.

With a complete Goddess Monument sims reach level 6 with three of the 6 hours 30 minutes option.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

That's really good news, although I can never seem to find an uneventful week or two to focus on discovery quests or unlock timed hobbies anymore. I missed this one when it was released because for some reason I didn't notice that the new fitness center building was available until days later.

I started playing SFP right at the end of the original spa event, whenever that was, and it seemed like back then there was a bit more down time.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

grumpler66 wrote: 22 Jan 2017, 15:48 Hooray, I've done it. I'm through.Got the last set an hour ago. It took only the SPs to get ten mats - I don't remember how many, and I don't want to know :( - 100 LPs and three time extensions. It was definitely worth it - arghh. Of course not!

I just started the discovery quest after building the gym. Did I read correctly that the aerobics mats will sell for SPs, not simoleons?
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

pandap4nts wrote: 16 Jul 2017, 20:42

I just started the discovery quest after building the gym. Did I read correctly that the aerobics mats will sell for SPs, not simoleons?
If I remember correctly, first 8 mats cost simoleans...and after that SPs..also there is one already in the gym. So without spending any SP we can have 9 sims working on it.