[DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

Post by pinkribbon »

It's taking me forever to get to level 6. How is this possible without using a stupid number of LPs? I'm doing the hobby in a neighbor's town with a completed monument AND using LPs and I'm still 92% away from reaching level 6. What a pain. The outfits are pretty cute but there's no way I'll get them all at this rate. Usually I don't care much for these events (since they return) but this one bugs me for some reason.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

pinkribbon wrote:Usually I don't care much for these events (since they return) but this one bugs me for some reason.
Just a note: This event won't ever return as it is not a Limited Time Hobby Event (like the long hair, urban furniture, or outdoor furniture event).

The aerobics hobby event is a permanent part of the game (like the fashion hunter event for the sky diving or the salsa dancing event for the Latin Villa).

The Limited Time hobby events run at the same time for everyone and do return. The regular hobby events don't run at the same time and don't return.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Back in 2012 and 2013 when we were seeing the rewards for completing hobby collections being drastically reduced I said that we would eventually see even the 3LP (there weren't any 5LP rewards at the time) get reduced. I've been relieved to be wrong...up until now.

It's been so long since they reduced the amount of LP earned through the hobby collections that I thought the 3LP and 5LP were here to stay. So I was shocked to see that the reward for completing the Aerobics hobby after the activewear is only 2LP! Why can't they ever just leave things alone! It's not like 3LP was a great reward to begin with! There was no need to lower it!
IMG_5795.JPG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

mockingbird288z wrote:Back in 2012 and 2013 when we were seeing the rewards for completing hobby collections being drastically reduced I said that we would eventually see even the 3LP (there weren't any 5LP rewards at the time) get reduced. I've been relieved to be wrong...up until now.

It's been so long since they reduced the amount of LP earned through the hobby collections that I thought the 3LP and 5LP were here to stay. So I was shocked to see that the reward for completing the Aerobics hobby after the activewear is only 2LP! Why can't they ever just leave things alone! It's not like 3LP was a great reward to begin with! There was no need to lower it!

IMG_5795.JPG
Wow, especially considering the amount of time your sims need to spend on the hobby, that's ridiculous! Then again with hobbies that are this long, I never bother with them after I complete them and get the prizes, unless it's one of the,weekly goals, which I still do. I really hope they don't reduce the smount given for the hobbies we already have access to!
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I won't do that hobby again unless it's required for an event. I use diving as my main lp hobby. Less clicking than cooking and I don't have to watch constantly.

No matter how low they go, I'll never buy LP's or SP's with real money. I've bought a few things like the pool cleaner, living teddy bear and reindeer etc. I regret buying the last 2, because now they give them as rewards in marketplace events. So now I'm even more hesitant to spend real money.

I just downloaded a new game a few days ago. I think it was 8$ CDN and there are no in app purchases. It used to be one of my favorite games to play on pc. Just found out it was ported to mobile and it works great. So I can get a whole game for 8$ and EA is trying to sell me a few bathing suits for my sims for almost triple that lol.
bouges
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bouges »

bluebeariscool wrote:Oh my heart skipped a little beat then reading that the purple mats were useable.......but not for the hobby......PAH!

I'm finding this hobby beyond frustrating. It's taking forever to fill the grid with so many repeats and I'm loathe to throw a huge amount of LPs at it. I have a couple of time extensions tucked away and I may just use them instead. I don't mind so much when these things are hard work but nigh on impossible in the time given without using a huge amount of resources is a different thing.
Sorry If that sounds grumpy :oops:
I feel that did not sound grumpy enough. As an aside, does anyone ever really do aerobics for four hours and fifty minutes straight, much less six hours and thirty minutes?? This would have been a great time to introduce an ambulance into the game to carry away all the sims that must collapse from exhaustion. But whatever, maybe I am just biter at having 9 of 12 items collected going for the second set of outfits and waking myself up to collect more only to go 0 for 8 hitting all repeat items. In the spirit of grumpiness, this task feels like a money grab: spend SP's and LP's, otherwise there is ZERO chance of collecting them all!! Oh what fun. I will continue collecting but will no longer make any extra effort for an endeavor that will only fail. Here's hoping that the next time collecting it improves and I can get at least one item closer..
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

Just a detail. I noticed that the sims doing the hobby first wear the outfits unlocked by the Grooving Guru quest, but after unlocking a new set of outfits they wear the new ones.
It does take forever to unlock them though, I doubt I will get them all... Oh well, my sims are unlikely to do aerobics after the event is finished anyway :?
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Wow! 2 LPs for filling the grid :shock: That's incredibly mean and in no way worth the effort. Oh well, another hobby that will never be used after the event finishes.
I'm still slogging away and have managed to unlock thee third set of clothes. I'm managing a set a day since it started but it's Monday tomorrow and there are real life things to do so it may be a struggle without the help of LP or a time extension
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

This is a completely horrible hobby. :/ My sims are still level 4 and that's with an extensive help of LPs.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Well - what I did was that I leveled one sim to (one step before) level 6 with LPs to unlock the grid, and then continued with all available sims. I've already completed the event, but will yet continue with the hobby till all those sims reach level 6 (to get some LPs back).
Anyway, those 2 LPs per grid completion have disappointed me as well. I guess that the aerobics mat will stay in my sims houses for decoration purposes only... :D
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded