[DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

Post by Rosie »

annarose wrote:
simmare wrote:
copperwood wrote:
annarose wrote:Yep ... that's a packed 7 days. I have a VIP time extension from an impulsive purchase (regret it now). Can anyone tell me how much extra time this will give me?? I can use LP's .... but which is better if i run out of time? Is the time extension worth saving or should i just use it if needed??
Also be aware that a time limited hobby (aerobics) will start immediately after you finish this quest.
Also note that there are only 2 options available for the aerobics hobby - warm up (4.5 hours) and shake it off (6.5 hours). It's going to take forever to get the other activewear packs!
Thanks for the advice ... think I'll use the time extension for the hobby
I see the time limited hobby begins after the quest. Got it. I want the cute work outfits now. ;)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

The hobby has its own 7 day timer. Save your LP's. You're going to need them for the hobby for sure.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Rosie wrote:
copperwood wrote:Here are some numbers on the aerobics hobby and they don't look good.

You only have a choice between 4 hours 50 min. (warm up) and 6 hours 30 min. (shake it off).

Number of times action needs to be repeated to reach level 6
Warm up = 32 = 154 hours and 40 min. total or 6 days 10 hours and 40 min.
Shake it off = 17 = 110.5 total hours or 4 days and 14.5 hours

If you use LP's to complete the actions immediately, you need 128 (32 x 4) for the 4 hour option and 102 (17 x 6) for the 6 hour one. Then you still need to complete the grid 7 times total to unlock all the outfits.
I hope the hobby isn't included in the quest time, is it? My Sim is currently sleeping fitfully. Should I use my LP's to get ahead. I have them, just hate using them. Thanks!
No quest time and hobby time are separate. When you finish the quest, the hobby is unlocked. The timer for the hobby starts (new) when the hobby unlocks.

I chose to spend my LP up front to level one sim up very quickly to level 6 to unlock the entire hobby grid. Then I started as many others as I could and all the sims I had doing aerobics, even those at level 1, had a chance of getting new items for the grid. But each person plays differently.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

I think I would do the same ... level up 1 Sim as quickly as possible. But, can you then have 5 sims at the gym and some at home doing the hobby? I think there is a limit of 15 mats per town, so can you have 15 PLUS the ones in the gym? Just trying to work out how many sims I can get on the job :-)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

SKatF wrote:
Rosie wrote:
copperwood wrote:Here are some numbers on the aerobics hobby and they don't look good.

You only have a choice between 4 hours 50 min. (warm up) and 6 hours 30 min. (shake it off).

Number of times action needs to be repeated to reach level 6
Warm up = 32 = 154 hours and 40 min. total or 6 days 10 hours and 40 min.
Shake it off = 17 = 110.5 total hours or 4 days and 14.5 hours

If you use LP's to complete the actions immediately, you need 128 (32 x 4) for the 4 hour option and 102 (17 x 6) for the 6 hour one. Then you still need to complete the grid 7 times total to unlock all the outfits.
I hope the hobby isn't included in the quest time, is it? My Sim is currently sleeping fitfully. Should I use my LP's to get ahead. I have them, just hate using them. Thanks!
No quest time and hobby time are separate. When you finish the quest, the hobby is unlocked. The timer for the hobby starts (new) when the hobby unlocks.

I chose to spend my LP up front to level one sim up very quickly to level 6 to unlock the entire hobby grid. Then I started as many others as I could and all the sims I had doing aerobics, even those at level 1, had a chance of getting new items for the grid. But each person plays differently.

I'll do that too. I'm still finishing the quest, but I always use my LP's to get one Sim to level 6 when I begin a new hobby. I'm happy I have extra saved. Thanks! :)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

annarose wrote:I think I would do the same ... level up 1 Sim as quickly as possible. But, can you then have 5 sims at the gym and some at home doing the hobby? I think there is a limit of 15 mats per town, so can you have 15 PLUS the ones in the gym? Just trying to work out how many sims I can get on the job :-)
While there are 5 mats at the gym only the blue one can be used for the hobby. The others can only be used to "join in" for 10 minutes.

But you can send a sim to a neighbor's town to do the hobby there. So you can have a total 17 sims working on the hobby.

(If your Goddess Monument is not complete it is best to send your sim to a neighbor whose monument is complete and use LP to get them to level 6 there. They'll get the leveling bonus of your neighbor's completed monument.)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

With the Goddess Monument completed it takes:
13 times to do the 6.5 option
25 times to do the 4 hour 50 minute option

to reach level 6.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
annarose wrote:I think I would do the same ... level up 1 Sim as quickly as possible. But, can you then have 5 sims at the gym and some at home doing the hobby? I think there is a limit of 15 mats per town, so can you have 15 PLUS the ones in the gym? Just trying to work out how many sims I can get on the job :-)
While there are 5 mats at the gym only the blue one can be used for the hobby. The others can only be used to "join in" for 10 minutes.

But you can send a sim to a neighbor's town to do the hobby there. So you can have a total 17 sims working on the hobby.

(If your Goddess Monument is not complete it is best to send your sim to a neighbor whose monument is complete and use LP to get them to level 6 there. They'll get the leveling bonus of your neighbor's completed monument.)
I didn't build my monument. I am a Sims freeplay flunkie. ;) I am guessing it can't be built quickly. So the Sim I use LP's for should be my Sim in your town, or should I level a Sim to 6 in both my town and the one I have in your town too? Thanks!
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote:

Correction: It seems the mat at the gym is included in the 15 mat limit. So we can have a total of 16 sims working on the hobby if you send one sim to a neighbor's town.
mockingbird288z

Rosie wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

I didn't build my monument. I am a Sims freeplay flunkie. ;) I am guessing it can't be built quickly. So the Sim I use LP's for should be my Sim in your town, or should I level a Sim to 6 in both my town and the one I have in your town too? Thanks!
The sim you use LPs on should be the sim in mine (or someone else's whose monument is maxed) town. It will take a total of 78LPs if you do it that way (instead of 102).