[DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] The Grooving Guru

Post by mockingbird288z »

pinkribbon wrote:
Exactly! :) When I know an event will return I don't care that much because I'll eventually get all of the furniture/hair/etc. This is annoying because unlike the toddler painting hobby, for example, we'll never actually get all of these outfits. They should have made the hobby prize something different. At least with having the clothes unlocked every time we finished a grid we would be using the hobby for some time... now none of us will ever use it.
It is annoying! They definitely should have had the limited time prize something different instead of the limited time reward be the clothes. I definitely won't be using this hobby anymore. I even put all the mats in my inventory. And, as always, my sims won't be visiting the gym either.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:
Exactly! :) When I know an event will return I don't care that much because I'll eventually get all of the furniture/hair/etc. This is annoying because unlike the toddler painting hobby, for example, we'll never actually get all of these outfits. They should have made the hobby prize something different. At least with having the clothes unlocked every time we finished a grid we would be using the hobby for some time... now none of us will ever use it.
It is annoying! They definitely should have had the limited time prize something different instead of the limited time reward be the clothes. I definitely won't be using this hobby anymore. I even put all the mats in my inventory. And, as always, my sims won't be visiting the gym either.
Yeah I agree with everything you guys are saying. All my sims have time to do is do hobbies in order to collect LP, along with quests. Places like the camp grounds, the nightclub, and the gym are among the places that my sims won't have any time to go to.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I have 7 sims doing aerobics at home & 1 at the gym, the first one got Salute-to-the-Floor which I then proceeded to get for the next 5 sims. I was thinking that was the only one I was gonna get when the last one turned out to be Long Trip. 2 outta 8?!? :? :shock:

How crappy is it that there were that many repeats of the exact same one PLUS as an added bonus, this was my first time to collect on this hobby!!! There shouldn't be hardly any repeats at all on an empty grid. I was pretty doubtful before about getting the prizes for the hobby but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it to do it at all? I'm especially reluctant to waste LPs on it if it's gonna keep on like this.

Did anybody else have anywhere close to this problem with getting the same one over and over again? The constant repeats seem to be even more frequent than ever before from what I've read here but that was ridiculous. I mean I've had streaks of 4 or 5 repeats but only after I've completed (or mostly completely) the grid for the first time. :roll:
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

bloodredroses01 wrote:I have 7 sims doing aerobics at home & 1 at the gym, the first one got Salute-to-the-Floor which I then proceeded to get for the next 5 sims. I was thinking that was the only one I was gonna get when the last one turned out to be Long Trip. 2 outta 8?!? :? :shock:

How crappy is it that there were that many repeats of the exact same one PLUS as an added bonus, this was my first time to collect on this hobby!!! There shouldn't be hardly any repeats at all on an empty grid. I was pretty doubtful before about getting the prizes for the hobby but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it to do it at all? I'm especially reluctant to waste LPs on it if it's gonna keep on like this.

Did anybody else have anywhere close to this problem with getting the same one over and over again? The constant repeats seem to be even more frequent than ever before from what I've read here but that was ridiculous. I mean I've had streaks of 4 or 5 repeats but only after I've completed (or mostly completely) the grid for the first time. :roll:
Yeah, I'm having the same struggle. I keep getting the same ones over and over again, which doesn't make this process any easier. It's already a new hobby, come on sims!
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Did you tap the bubbles very quickly? Sometimes when you tap fast the same one appears over and over.
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

JakeSim wrote:Did you tap the bubbles very quickly? Sometimes when you tap fast the same one appears over and over.
Haha, Yeah I do! Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try it out once my sims finish their next rounds of " Aerobics ".
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

I have 1 sim working at the gym, the other 5 are at their own homes. My gym sim is level 5, the others are level 4. Might finish this hobby 1x before the time limit is up. Refuse to use LP. Don't like any of the outfits.

Wish it was like the fingerpainting hobby. Just now trying for the third outfit.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

The repeats are insane. I leveled up my first sim using LP on day one and now with 2 days to go I have only just completed my third set. Ridiculous.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

JakeSim wrote:Did you tap the bubbles very quickly? Sometimes when you tap fast the same one appears over and over.
The only time is when I have more than one sim at the house which is only at one house right now. For all the others I have to move between houses to collect. Realizing that FM has skewed the new hobby, before now tapping one right after another would give two different results just as often as it gave the same one. So who knows.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Took me a few days as well to level up one to level 6. I now have 2 more days left and only have gotten 2 of the outfits. Oh well. I do like that you can mix and match all the pieces.