[DISCOVERY QUEST] Love & Treasure

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] Love & Treasure

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 23:54
contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 22:31
Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:51
What I did was pay about 3,000,000 to build the Island with the villa on. As soon as it was finished the quest begun, but it says you do the quest In order to get the island and villa.... I'm so confused.....
Yeah, I understand you now. That does really suck. It's totally like they're making us pay for it more than once. Like, we've just dropped millions of simoleons on this, but we still can't have it until we jump through more hoops?

I also thought it was disappointing updating only to have to wait three days for the island to build before anything interesting happens. It was a little anticlimactic.

But you will have the island to build on at the end of it, even if you don't finish on time. The limited prize is the template with the raised platform, so you can still build your own house on it if you miss out.

I'm already at about 40% after a couple of days, so the time limit seems pretty manageable.
This reminds me of the Oceanview Estates quest. We have to first build the real estate agency as part of the quest to get the oceanview lots. The only thing that's different about this quest is that it just unlocks 1 more lot instead of 7.

As frustrating as it is, it follows FM/EA's MO of making us pay for things in multiple ways and jump through lots of hoops to get any "new" content.
Yep, exactly why I wasn't surprised at all.

Remember when we got to build a restaurant, but then, oh, you can't use the restaurant until you've picked up all the bags of rubbish, and even then you still need to build the entire upper floor separately and pick up more rubbish.

Remember building a mall, but you don't receive the new clothes until you pick up more rubbish, and pay for every individual store.

and so on...
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I just started building my island :D I don't really have time at the moment but I really like the new lot and new furniture :D I have to say that I massively prefer discovery quests to community events :lol:
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

Great. Yet another thing I can't complete on time 😩
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 18:54 Great. Yet another thing I can't complete on time 😩
That is unfortunate :( Especailly since with discovery quests there is always an option to start it whenever. I really recommend stockpiling on the lps the next time before starting. Maybe you could still finish it in time if you send a couple of sims on the cooking hobby and finish actions early with lps?
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MayaRose »

contrarysims wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 02:50
mockingbird288z wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 23:54
contrarysims wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 22:31
Madlyaddicted wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 20:51
What I did was pay about 3,000,000 to build the Island with the villa on. As soon as it was finished the quest begun, but it says you do the quest In order to get the island and villa.... I'm so confused.....
Yeah, I understand you now. That does really suck. It's totally like they're making us pay for it more than once. Like, we've just dropped millions of simoleons on this, but we still can't have it until we jump through more hoops?

I also thought it was disappointing updating only to have to wait three days for the island to build before anything interesting happens. It was a little anticlimactic.

But you will have the island to build on at the end of it, even if you don't finish on time. The limited prize is the template with the raised platform, so you can still build your own house on it if you miss out.

I'm already at about 40% after a couple of days, so the time limit seems pretty manageable.
This reminds me of the Oceanview Estates quest. We have to first build the real estate agency as part of the quest to get the oceanview lots. The only thing that's different about this quest is that it just unlocks 1 more lot instead of 7.

As frustrating as it is, it follows FM/EA's MO of making us pay for things in multiple ways and jump through lots of hoops to get any "new" content.
Yep, exactly why I wasn't surprised at all.

Remember when we got to build a restaurant, but then, oh, you can't use the restaurant until you've picked up all the bags of rubbish, and even then you still need to build the entire upper floor separately and pick up more rubbish.

Remember building a mall, but you don't receive the new clothes until you pick up more rubbish, and pay for every individual store.

and so on...
I noticed that after we've gained the island, only the template is free. If you just want the island with no house, it costs nearly $3,000,000 simoleons! (Or at least, nearly the cost it took to build the island in the first place!). What a rip-off!
GC name : MayaRose1138
HH & HFN: 1 & 2 Firehouse Rd
Music: 10 West Side. TV: $22mil
Firepole: 2 Bliss Docks
Animals: Volcano view

GC name: DragonStar249
HFN & HH: 2 & 3 Firehouse Rd
TV: $24mil
Other: same as game 1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

MayaRose wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 09:31

I noticed that after we've gained the island, only the template is free. If you just want the island with no house, it costs nearly $3,000,000 simoleons! (Or at least, nearly the cost it took to build the island in the first place!). What a rip-off!
Just the first build of that template is free, too. The island is just a regular lot - building on it will cost us.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Is the template really only available to build on the island? Does it seem very odd that it should be so limited?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

kls1st wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 09:36 Is the template really only available to build on the island? Does it seem very odd that it should be so limited?
It‘s like the penthouses and boathouses which can‘t be built on a regular lot.

There are more restrictions. Since there is one vacant lot on the little island, we can either build the free template including the villa or build the template without the house. If we build the template with the villa, there are the stilts that can be moved within the grid, but they can‘t be removed.

A good thing is, with completing this discovery quest we get the furniture, decorations, walls and so on.
Attachments
Island Villa furniture & co.
Island Villa furniture & co.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Yahoo! The furniture & decor cost simoleons, not LP or SP. Nor do we have to build the house over & over again like I thought.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

ErinPW wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 11:08
kls1st wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 09:36 Is the template really only available to build on the island? Does it seem very odd that it should be so limited?
It‘s like the penthouses and boathouses which can‘t be built on a regular lot.

There are more restrictions. Since there is one vacant lot on the little island, we can either build the free template including the villa or build the template without the house. If we build the template with the villa, there are the stilts that can be moved within the grid, but they can‘t be removed.

A good thing is, with completing this discovery quest we get the furniture, decorations, walls and so on.
At least with the pent- and boathouses we have more than one lot to play with. The island is only one and I really like the stilt house and would like to have more to modify. I do love the new decor though. It’s all really nice. :). I didn’t know the stilts would move. I will have to see about that.

BTW you disappeared from my GC SFP town list yesterday. What happened? I miss it. :(
Attachments
F5F5DB70-EC8F-4A46-9BA6-F2A1C8835F33.jpeg
20A55FF2-7463-4D49-99EB-C9E5A7FB443C.jpeg