[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by playsims »

I am now in Day 7 for the 9 day task. Have already completed 100% of the Supporting Tasks. With the coins earned, I have so far bought all the Set One for both Contemporary & Nautical. Did not buy any of the Maternity clothes as they are of limited use.

I am contemplating on trying to do a 2nd 9 day pregnancy (1) or maybe try 2 sets of 6 day pregnancies together. I am wondering on how to get thru doing the 2 sets of 6 days. I presume they will still need supporting tasks. But with the limited number of sims in town ( considering that a task can ask for a maximum of 26 sims), the progress of the supporting tasks may exceed 6 days. Will I lose any bonuses or whatever benefits if the supporting tasks are not yet done by the time after 6 days? Or can I continue with the supporting tasks even after the 6 day periond?

I hope I dont sount too confusing..
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I think it's the event expectations that are confusing, not your post.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

playsims wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 13:38 I am now in Day 7 for the 9 day task. Have already completed 100% of the Supporting Tasks. With the coins earned, I have so far bought all the Set One for both Contemporary & Nautical. Did not buy any of the Maternity clothes as they are of limited use.

I am contemplating on trying to do a 2nd 9 day pregnancy (1) or maybe try 2 sets of 6 day pregnancies together. I am wondering on how to get thru doing the 2 sets of 6 days. I presume they will still need supporting tasks. But with the limited number of sims in town ( considering that a task can ask for a maximum of 26 sims), the progress of the supporting tasks may exceed 6 days. Will I lose any bonuses or whatever benefits if the supporting tasks are not yet done by the time after 6 days? Or can I continue with the supporting tasks even after the 6 day periond?

I hope I dont sount too confusing..
I thought we only got the tokens for the 9 day event and the 6 day pregnancy was just if we wanted the baby bump but didn't earn us any tokens because it didn't have any goals?

On a side note I am also at 100% on support tasks with 30 hours to go. I did not spend any SP so it is possible but I made sure I had the total amount of people on each task at the same time (with the exception of the have 13 people share parenting advice which needs 26 people because I have too many kids in my town I did this task in two sets - and I got this task twice, I think they may have all repeated twice but I'm not certain).
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

copperwood wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 02:20
SIMazing wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 00:45 Looking back, I totally could be wrong. I was in a hurry after all. But even before that I was already behind. And now I’ve discovered that I only put 12 couples to the task. Smh.

Do I have to pass the event in order to get the other baby crib option, or just make it through the 9 days?
I think doing all the tasks in time is just required to get the baby bonus. For all the other items you just have to keep doing more pregnancy events to earn maternity tokens to buy the items you want.

On one task I had to do, I was also short one sim (was in a rush too). Thankfully I noticed part way through because it was a long task. Since I was only short 1 sim, I just used about 8 SP's to have him finish with the others.
I was meaning about the crib options. I can create a baby with the 3rd option without having to wait for the event to end.
Can pick 3rd. Want to know what makes 2nd available.
Can pick 3rd. Want to know what makes 2nd available.
But when I click on the second I get this:
Message on 2nd option
Message on 2nd option
So do I need to just get past the quest (pass or fail), or actually succeed? I know I’ll know in a few days, but I’m trying to plan my towns regrowth.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

Ugh... just had a glitch thing that occurs quite frequently where a Sim set to a task falls behind and starts later. With the pregnant Sim of course. Had to spend some sp to have her finish the stupid yoga session before my bed time. AnNOYing.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Simannity wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 21:55 Ugh... just had a glitch thing that occurs quite frequently where a Sim set to a task falls behind and starts later. With the pregnant Sim of course. Had to spend some sp to have her finish the stupid yoga session before my bed time. AnNOYing.
I had that happen with a couple tasks, once with the yoga and maybe twice interacting with another sim I don’t remember doing what, but I closed the app and came back and the task finished. :roll:
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am rather confused on this pregnant quest. After my 1st round, I just only want to earn coins to buy a few more furniture & some clothes. But I want to do it at a more leisurely pace, not keep on checking the clock! After reading the Super Babies thread, the super babies do not sound super to me...Yeah , they can finish task 1/2 an hour earlier. That's it?
Does that mean if I dont finish the Pregnant sims daily tasks on time, I dont get the coins for the day? How about the supporting Tasks? Should they end earlier or at most before the Last Day? Otherwise less or no coins?
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

kls1st wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 01:56
Simannity wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 21:55 Ugh... just had a glitch thing that occurs quite frequently where a Sim set to a task falls behind and starts later. With the pregnant Sim of course. Had to spend some sp to have her finish the stupid yoga session before my bed time. AnNOYing.
I had that happen with a couple tasks, once with the yoga and maybe twice interacting with another sim I don’t remember doing what, but I closed the app and came back and the task finished. :roll:
Tried closing (force close even), didn’t work... Good that it did for you though.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

When this started I had read that we should earn about 47,000 tokens per completed pregnancy... Has anyone actually earned this?

I just finished my first pregnancy, without using any SP, so it is possible if you have the time! I spent LP (13-14 each) on all doctors and yoga appts, which earned around 160 extra tokens per appointment for paying with LP instead of simoleons. However, I earned 39,840 tokens even with the bonuses from paying for appointments with LP. So I'm wondering if the tokens earned per pregnancy varies or if the 47,000 was from early access testers and no one is actually earning that.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Your amount sounds about right compared to mine. I'm on the last day and finished the support tasks on day 7. My total so far is 36,050 and I'll get 2270 tokens for the last day which makes the total 38,320. I used simoleons for all appointments, so I didn't get the extra tokens. Maybe the 47,000 number is from the early access version of the update.