[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by telemwill »

anoush wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 03:51 Hi, I have a question. I finished the baby quest and have birth for the baby but couldn't buy all the things and there's still a baby icon over the crib! Is this happening to anyone else? Thank you
Yes, it takes several pregnancy events to get all the items.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Pregnancy Update - Changes

Post by SKatF »

anoush wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 03:51 Hi, I have a question. I finished the baby quest and have birth for the baby but couldn't buy all the things and there's still a baby icon over the crib! Is this happening to anyone else? Thank you
Yes. All cribs have icons if no baby in them. A change I don't like.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by annarose »

playsims wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 07:36 I use my cellphone alarm clock to warn me when a task is about to due. It's really handy on time-limited events. So far so good. I am now on Day 3.
I've been using my phone alarm too. When I get the list of Daily Goals, I leave the longest Goal to do overnight and do the shortest goals in the least busiest part of my day. I started Day 5 a couple of hours ago and my Support Tasks are at 50% so I figure I'm on track to complete everything. I'm finding this event is less work than grinding away for candles, pottery, glass etc. Another tip that might make it easier ..... have 3 star phones, couch, dining chairs, fridges, sinks and stoves set up for easy access for your Support Sims in 1 or 2 locations. Not sure that I will do more than one pregnancy though ...
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Trouble is, you can't tell from the clock icon next to each pregnancy task which one is the longest. Today I got one with the clock looking 75% full lasting 1.5 hours, and one with the clock looking about 5% full lasting 5 hours. Drives me crazy!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

I'm super annoyed with this quest. The support tasks take an absurd amount of time to complete. I was hoping to replicate my current town with new baby bonus Sims, but I'm not even sure that I will make it through the first one.

For example... one of the tasks I got was to have 13 sims talk to another Sim about parenting advice, which required 26 Adult Sims to complete! I'm lucky that I have a lot of free SP spins from my Daily Login bonus, but it's still frustrating. Once I finish buying stuff from the Pregnancy store, I'm never making Sims babies again lol!!
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

At first I was thinking about slowly recreating all my sims with superbabies via pregnancy. Then I thought I'll only buy everything from maternity store. Now I think I won't do even that. Clothes are useless because only pregnant sims can wear it and I don't think I'll do pregnancy often (or even one more time). Furniture looks nice but too expensive. So I plan to buy wallpapers and floors only and then look for furniture in the architect houses. If my calculations are correct it will cost me ~75K tokens = at least two pregnancies (if PlayingWithCaio's estimation about 47K tokens per pregnancy is right).
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

marktheperson wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 15:23 I'm super annoyed with this quest. The support tasks take an absurd amount of time to complete. I was hoping to replicate my current town with new baby bonus Sims, but I'm not even sure that I will make it through the first one.

For example... one of the tasks I got was to have 13 sims talk to another Sim about parenting advice, which required 26 Adult Sims to complete! I'm lucky that I have a lot of free SP spins from my Daily Login bonus, but it's still frustrating. Once I finish buying stuff from the Pregnancy store, I'm never making Sims babies again lol!!
Just finished this task - well, only 1/2 finished. Because late last night I figured using 14 Sims (2x7)would accomplish the task, right? Wrong! It needs 26 Sims for the 4hr 35 min task. Now, I have fallen behind. But, I'm wondering if we need to finish supportive tasks on a daily schedule or is that just for the pregnant Sim who needs to finish daily for the grand prize of Super Baby? I'm a bjit confused. :?
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

marktheperson wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 15:23 I'm super annoyed with this quest. The support tasks take an absurd amount of time to complete. I was hoping to replicate my current town with new baby bonus Sims, but I'm not even sure that I will make it through the first one.

I also used teen and senior sims for this task. Just used an adult sim to do the talking. This way I had enough sims to do it in one round.

@Goldfinch 3 Support tasks are not set per day. You just have to reach 100 percent by the end of the event.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

:D Thank you, Copperwood for your reply in clarifying how this works
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

copperwood wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 17:49

I also used teen and senior sims for this task. Just used an adult sim to do the talking. This way I had enough sims to do it in one round.

@Goldfinch 3 Support tasks are not set per day. You just have to reach 100 percent by the end of the event.
Really? Hmm I was sure I tried it and didn't see the option. But if you did it, then I probably just missed it. Hopefully I don't get that task again, but I'll be more watchful next time.

And Goldfinch, you don't have a set number of support tasks to complete per day but if you are at 33% on day 3, 66% on day 6, etc, then you are making good progress.