[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

[Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by mockingbird288z »

This quest starts after tapping the bubble when the Maternity store is finished building.

There is no time limit or prize for this quest. This is more of a tutorial to the Pregnancy Event than it is a quest.

Have a doctor explain pregnancies - 30 seconds (call the doctor over on the phone and then tap on the doctor)
Talk pregnancies with a sim - 30 seconds
Purchase the maternity outfit
Place empty crib
Start Pregnancy Event
Select sim icon
View Pregnancy Daily Goals
View Pregnancy Support Tasks
View Baby Bonus
Complete the Pregnancy Event
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Discovery Quest] A Bump-y Ride

Post by snoodess »

Can you build the store and put off starting the quest?
mockingbird288z

snoodess wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 00:27 Can you build the store and put off starting the quest?
Only in that you don't tap the store's bubble once it's ready. But you won't be able to build any other town building until you tap the bubble to actually finish building it.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Is it possible to do the quest without actually getting a sim pragnent? Using LP or SP to skip Tasks?
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

Does anyone know what daily tasks and support tasks you can get during the pregnancy event?
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
mockingbird288z

Lenny wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 13:13 Is it possible to do the quest without actually getting a sim pragnent? Using LP or SP to skip Tasks?
No, the 5th task "Start a Pregnancy Event" makes that impossible. The Pregnancy Event is a 9 day event where your sim is pregnant and you have to do daily tasks and other sims have to do support tasks. You can use SPs to speed up those tasks and LPs to speed up the wait time between days but you can't actually speed past the pregnancy part.
mockingbird288z

CatharinaSophia wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 14:51 Does anyone know what daily tasks and support tasks you can get during the pregnancy event?
For the daily tasks it was things like "eat x from the fridge", "practice burping a baby", "have another sim take a picture of your sim", "call a friend for advice", "send out baby shower invitations", etc. There were also two that cost a ton of money - doctor's appointment and yoga workout. Everyday you get one of those and it costs about 150,000 - 250,000 simoleons. Those were the longest tasks at around 6 hours.

For the support tasks it will be things like "have 13 sims knit woollies", "have 5 sims talk to another sim", "have 10 sims practice preparing baby formula", etc. The support tasks seem, by far, the hardest to do. The time for the ones I was able to do before my game started crashing (known glitch that the devs are aware of and working to fix) were pretty long. And I had done a lot of tasks and was still at 18% completed.

To get the baby bonus you need to get 100% in both the daily tasks for the pregnant sim and the support tasks. It's seems like quite the grind.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:03
CatharinaSophia wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 14:51 Does anyone know what daily tasks and support tasks you can get during the pregnancy event?
For the daily tasks it was things like "eat x from the fridge", "practice burping a baby", "have another sim take a picture of your sim", "call a friend for advice", "send out baby shower invitations", etc. There were also two that cost a ton of money - doctor's appointment and yoga workout. Everyday you get one of those and it costs about 150,000 - 250,000 simoleons. Those were the longest tasks at around 6 hours.

For the support tasks it will be things like "have 13 sims knit woollies", "have 5 sims talk to another sim", "have 10 sims practice preparing baby formula", etc. The support tasks seem, by far, the hardest to do. The time for the ones I was able to do before my game started crashing (known glitch that the devs are aware of and working to fix) were pretty long. And I had done a lot of tasks and was still at 18% completed.

To get the baby bonus you need to get 100% in both the daily tasks for the pregnant sim and the support tasks. It's seems like quite the grind.
Are costs a % of your total $$$? Because if not, how could new players afford a pregnancy?
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:12
mockingbird288z wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:03

Are costs a % of your total $$$? Because if not, how could new players afford a pregnancy?
I'm not sure but I really hope so. It's quite an insane price if not.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Pregnancy Tutorial] A Bump-y Ride

Post by simsally »

Can you do the daily tasks in any order or do you have to go straight down the list? Wondering if I can plan the longest task to be overnight.