[DISCOVERY QUEST] Back to the Wall

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [DISCOVERY QUEST] Back to the Wall

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Is it possible that this quest hasn't appeared yet because I'm in the middle of pregnancy event?

Or can you actually do it both at the same time?
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

How does the waiting thing work? For example is it
A) 24 hours - [30 minutes] - [1 hour 15 minutes] - [2 hours 15 minutes] - [2 hours 20 minutes] - [4 hours 5 minutes] - [3 hours 40 minutes] - [48 seconds]
(so 24 hours minus all of the previous tasks)
B) 24 hours waiting no matter what (which means the quest is unfinishable within the time limit)
C) something else I didn't think of?
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

CatharinaSophia wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 15:14 How does the waiting thing work? For example is it
A) 24 hours - [30 minutes] - [1 hour 15 minutes] - [2 hours 15 minutes] - [2 hours 20 minutes] - [4 hours 5 minutes] - [3 hours 40 minutes] - [48 seconds]
(so 24 hours minus all of the previous tasks)
B) 24 hours waiting no matter what (which means the quest is unfinishable within the time limit)
C) something else I didn't think of?
It’s A. For the quests that have wait times like this one (usually it’s just limited time event quests) you know you are on track and doing well with the time limit if you get to the task that has a wait time and you need to wait.

If you get to the task with a wait time and it took you more than 24 hours you won’t need to wait at all.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 14:04 Is it possible that this quest hasn't appeared yet because I'm in the middle of pregnancy event?

I am currently doing both at the same time and had started the pregnancy event before this one started.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
mockingbird288z

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 14:04 Is it possible that this quest hasn't appeared yet because I'm in the middle of pregnancy event?

Are you doing the first pregnancy event, the one that’s still a part of the Bumpy-y Ride quest? The bump-y ride quest is still a discovery quest and you can’t do two discovery quests at the same time. You should still be able to see Summer Feels in thenpark, though.

If she’s not in the park and you aren’t doing the first pregnancy event maybe there’s another requirement like there are for other discovery quests. Like maybe you have to be done with the three DIY quests first.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 15:35

Are you doing the first pregnancy event, the one that’s still a part of the Bumpy-y Ride quest? The bump-y ride quest is still a discovery quest and you can’t do two discovery quests at the same time. You should still be able to see Summer Feels in thenpark, though.

If she’s not in the park and you aren’t doing the first pregnancy event maybe there’s another requirement like there are for other discovery quests. Like maybe you have to be done with the three DIY quests first.

Yes, the bumpy ride thingy! I deleted my game but forgot that my last saved game is the party update so now I have to do the bumpy ride quest all over again

I see.. So I can't do two discovery quest at the same time?

That really helps, thank you.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:31 It's not here for me yet. No pop up or anything

How do I start?
Go to the park at the center of town and look for Summer Feels
mockingbird288z

marktheperson wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 10:40 Is this even possible to complete within 7 days without spending LP? What the heck. The walls are *super* nice but I'd really rather not drop LPs on a Discovery quest...
Yes. This is just like the event quests (like Halloween or Christmas) where the wait times are built into the quest.
Think of the quest in "parts". You've got Part 1 from the "Talk to Summer Feels" task to the "Call Summer Feels Task". Followed by a wait time before Part 2 begins. Part 1 takes 14 hours 5 minutes and 48 seconds to complete. But the wait time for Part 2 to start essentially means they give you 24 hours to complete the 14 hours worth of tasks.

So as long as you hit the wait times for each "part" you are right on track. The only one that has a real tight time limit is the last "part" ("Photograph the House" through "Say Goodbye to Kewl Tones"). That will take 23 hours 34 minutes.

I personally would save LPs for the last part. Either 10 for the wait time or just on that last task just for a little buffer. But not because we have to just more for peace of mind.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

SKatF wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 22:42
Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:31 It's not here for me yet. No pop up or anything

How do I start?
Go to the park at the center of town and look for Summer Feels

Thank ypu very much :mrgreen:
mockingbird288z

Here's the breakdown if you look at the quest in parts like the seasonal quests.

Part 1
"Talk to Summer Feels" - "Call Summer Feels"
  • 14 hours 5 minutes 48 seconds
Wait time of at least 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 9 hours 55 minutes 12 seconds. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 1 there will be no wait time.

Part 2
"Ask for advice from Summer" - "Phone Bree"
  • 16 hours 55 minutes
Wait time of at least 1 day 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 7 hours 55 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 2 there will be no wait time.

Part 3
"Watch DIY Homes" - Email Bree the Photo"
  • 17 hours 40 minutes
Wait time of at least 2 days 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 6 hours 20 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 3 there will be no wait time.

Part 4
"Check mail for Bree's letter" - "Mark letter K on Chessboard"
  • 18 hours 5 minutes
Wait time of at least 3 days 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 5 hours 55 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 4 there will be no wait time.

Part 5
"Talk to Kewl Tones" - "Try to wake Kewl Tones"
  • 19 hours 45 minutes
Wait time of at least 4 days 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 4 hours 15 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 5 there will be no wait time.

Part 6
"Talk to Kewl Tones" - "Create a feature wall"
  • 23 hours 53 minutes
Wait time of at least 5 days 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the wait time is only 7 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 6 there will be no wait time.

Part 7
"Photograph the house" - "Say Goodbye to Kewl Tones"
  • 23 hours 34 minutes
No wait time. Time remaining for limited time prize at the start of part 7 is 23 hours 59 minutes. If you are on top of the quest and start the tasks immediately right after each other the time you have left before the limited time prize is gone is 26 minutes. If you take longer than 24 hours to do part 7 you lose the limited time prize.

Total time without wait times = 129 hours 47 minutes
Total time with wait times = 167 hours 34 minutes

It gets hairy in Part 6 and 7. For parts 1-5 as long as you hit the wait times (even if it's only "wait 10 minutes for...") you are right on track and there's no need to use LP. Parts 6 and 7 cut it real close to 24 hours per part. If you manage to get to the wait time before part 7 starts that's great. No need to use LP to start on the next day. It would only get you 7 more minutes. If you wanted to use minimal LP on part 7 I would only use it on the "Debrief Kewl about interior design" task and the "Take selfie with Kewl". 2 LP to get 3 hours of buffer time.

If you wanted to use more LP to have less stress then you can use 10LP to skip the wait time for part 6 and then the 10LP to skip the wait time for part 7 if you need to.