Editing/Creating combined lots

Moderator: Sims 3 Moderators

OnlineVirus
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Editing/Creating combined lots

Post by OnlineVirus »

Hello,
Recently I have started to whit creating and recreating worlds in Sims 3 CAW. Right now I am working on new version of Bridgeport and I would like to add military base and police department there which is separated from city hall. therefore I would like to change the Public Service Office lot function to be just City hall and not all three combined but I can not figure it out.
How do I do this?
Also I would like to know how to create these lots.
cwaddell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Editing/Creating combined lots

Post by cwaddell »

OnlineVirus wrote: 21 Feb 2016, 16:30 ...Right now I am working on new version of Bridgeport and I would like to add military base and police department there which is separated from city hall. therefore I would like to change the Public Service Office lot function to be just City hall and not all three combined but I can not figure it out.
How do I do this?
Also I would like to know how to create these lots.
To change the public service office lot in Bridgeport, from edit town
1. turn on moveobjects (after using ctrl-shift-c to enter testingcheatsenabled true, then use ctrl-shift-c to enter moveobjects on
2. select the public services lot to build/buy
3. use the hammer to delete the actual building
4. now from community buildings in the build menu find a stand alone city hall building and try to position it on the lot.
5. if th footprint of the building is different than the original building you may have to remove some landscaping,etc to make it fit.

There are two ways to create a new police/military lot using one of the combo buildings. One way is to go to a town that has one of those lots save it to your community lots bin then come back into Bridgeport and place it on an empty community lot that is big enough. The second method is to
1. turn on moveobjects
2. choose an empty lot that you have designated as a community lot.
3. find a combo police/military building in the community buildings section of build mode.
4. place it on the lot.
5. add landscaping, sidewalks, benches, etc.

Hope this helps.