Nectar-making is SUCH FUN!

Moderator: Sims 3 Moderators

PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Nectar-making is SUCH FUN!

Post by PalmArrow »

She checks the paper for properties for sale, and one immediately catches her eye.

An old farmhouse by the river is for sale. It costs just a little over 80,000 simoleons.

"Consider me in!" Stevie says. "I have around 15,000 in savings. We'll have to find a third partner, of course... Hey, you know what? That Gary Preston you used to have a huge crush on is back in Riverview!"

Miranda gasps.
"Oh, no! I was never able to speak to Gary without making an utter fool of myself! Do you remember that time in the club you came up to me and told me Gary was there?"

"You said I should make a move quickly before another girl gets him."
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

"So I boldly walked up to him..."

"He turned around and said hi, and only then did I realise I had no idea how to make a move."

"I decided to jump into his arms. I thought that was sweet and romantic, until I heard him groan."

"I think I seriously injured him!"

"He seemed terrified of me for weeks after that."
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dreamerz13
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dreamerz13 »

That first screenshot is stunning! And you've done a fantastic job with the characters. I think I love Penny tbh, though I'm sure she gets on Miranda's nerves and I can understand why.

LOL poor Miranda trying to make a move on Gary. Hopefully he'll have forgiven and forgotten.
JoAnne65
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by JoAnne65 »

Some of the pictures are beautiful! And you did a great job recreating the characters from the tv show, very recognizable. I'm going to read the story later (bed time here ;)).
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Thank you, ZeeGee, Dreamerz13 and JoAnne65!

Dreamerz13, Penny may be the mother from hell, but in the TV show she is absolutely a lovable character, because she is so over-the-top you can't take her seriously!
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

To ease Miranda's fears of making a fool of herself in front of Gary, Stevie suggests a visit to the salon. New clothes will make Miranda feel more confident!

Stevie's instructions were simple: find something casual, but chic. But something more amusing catches Miranda's eye...

Meanwhile, Stevie sees the very person they'd just been talking about coming towards the salon. Gary Preston!

She goes out to greet him, and they are quickly joined by an unsuspecting Miranda.
"Look, Stevie! I'm a hot-dog! You can get dressed up as some fish & chips and we can have a food-themed party... Gary?"
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Stevie glares at Miranda, but their great relief, Gary bursts into laughter.

The three go to the pub together, and Stevie discreetly leaves Miranda and Gary alone to talk.

"So, Stevie and I are moving to an old farmhouse. We're going to grow our own food and make nectar. Um... would you like to join?"

"It has a beautiful view of the river, so we'll see Nessie if she swims by."
(Nessie? Oh God, I'm talking nonsense again...)
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

But Gary is delighted.
"That's perfect! I worked in a restaurant on the beach in Sunlit Tides on one of my journeys, and I decided I wanted to be a chef. Having a fridge stocked with fresh crops from the garden would be wonderful!"

They both smile, and it feels like they are on the verge of having A Moment...

... but Tilly, Miranda's friend from boarding school, chooses that precise moment to barge in.
"Queen Kong! Fancy running into you here, I thought you never went out! I have great news!"

Miranda steels herself for more rude remarks. "Queen Kong" was a school nickname she always hated. She can't see it, but Gary seems a little disappointed their moment was ruined too.

"I'm an intern at Doo Peas Corporate Towers! And I'm engaged to Don Lothario!! So what about you, Queen Kong?"
(Stop calling me Queen Kong, Miranda is thinking.)
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Tilly goes on. "No engagement ring? Aww, too bad. Do you have a job, or are you just sleeping on the couch all day, as usual?"

"As a matter of fact, Tilly, my partners and I are starting a nectar-making business. A joint venture! You will hear about it soon."

Not even Tilly can spoil this day, though: with Gary's savings added to Miranda and Stevie's funds, the three have just enough money to buy the farmhouse and start working. And they will do that first thing in the morning!