Death by Fire (Game Over)

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Death by Fire (Game Over)

Post by Perturbee »

I was playing the game yesterday and my Sim messed up her cooking. Her stove caught fire and I was unable to rescue her. What followed was a horrible 3 minute scene of fire, followed by a very slow Grim Reaper and finally Game Over.
I recorded the last part of it.

I really wish there was a way to prevent it, but all her actions were locked and she couldn't go to the shower to extinguish.
ErinPW

Re: Death by Fire (Game Over)

Post by ErinPW »

Oh that is so mean :(

Could you revert back to the time before it happened? When this happened in Sims 2 (long time ago) I could save a sim that was losing the energy while she was swimming in a pool.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I loaded up an older save, so I have her back now. But going through that scene was quite shocking. In my opinion it lasted too long, watching a Sim dying in a fire for 3 minutes was not my idea of having fun.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Perturbee wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 10:48 I loaded up an older save, so I have her back now. But going through that scene was quite shocking. In my opinion it lasted too long, watching a Sim dying in a fire for 3 minutes was not my idea of having fun.
I watched it and it was sickening. If this us what can happen, I'm glad I'm not playing this version.
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

Oh my! I was playing Brandi Broke in Sims 2 and this happened. I kept trying to get her to call the Fire Dept on the phone like you do in Sims 3 and she wouldn't do it. It took ages and she finally burnt to death. It was awful! She left 3 broken hearted boys!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

This was probably one of the harder game settings. It was an apartment with a lot of Handiness required. I don't recommend it for beginners and now even less because of the fire hazard.