A Couple Questions Before Buying Sims 4

whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

A Couple Questions Before Buying Sims 4

Post by whoviandragon »

So, I'm planning on buying Sims 4 soon and want some input from the forum. I've literally never bought a Sims game and need some help.

First, if I get an expansion pack, does it come with the base game or not?

Second, what expansion pack seems most worth it to you guys? I'm split between City Living and Get To Work currently.

Thanks for any help! :D
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: A Couple Questions Before Buying Sims 4

Post by Tara2388 »

whoviandragon wrote:So, I'm planning on buying Sims 4 soon and want some input from the forum. I've literally never bought a Sims game and need some help.

First, if I get an expansion pack, does it come with the base game or not?

Second, what expansion pack seems most worth it to you guys? I'm split between City Living and Get To Work currently.

Thanks for any help! :D

I bought the Sims 4 off of a disk, but placed it off my Origin account so that way if my laptop ever broke, it would be safe. And that's exactly what happened. My laptop broke but at least all of my data is still there, and I don't loose my money. I would recommend saving until a deal comes on 2 expansion packs. I bought Get To Work and Get Together when they were on sale, for both of them the price of one, that way you save money and you get the packs. An expansion pack goes over your base game, therefore, you can't just buy an expansion pack and not the Sims 4 game. I hope I helped (:
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Tara2388 wrote:

I bought the Sims 4 off of a disk, but placed it off my Origin account so that way if my laptop ever broke, it would be safe. And that's exactly what happened. My laptop broke but at least all of my data is still there, and I don't loose my money. I would recommend saving until a deal comes on 2 expansion packs. I bought Get To Work and Get Together when they were on sale, for both of them the price of one, that way you save money and you get the packs. An expansion pack goes over your base game, therefore, you can't just buy an expansion pack and not the Sims 4 game. I hope I helped (:
You did, thank you. But I am unsure of what you meant by placing it off of your Origin account. Could you explain that part further?
Is it how you transfer it to a new computer with save data? Why would the account limit that? Sorry, I'm new with all of this.

Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

whoviandragon wrote:
Tara2388 wrote:

You did, thank you. But I am unsure of what you meant by placing it off of your Origin account. Could you explain that part further?
Is it how you transfer it to a new computer with save data? Why would the account limit that? Sorry, I'm new with all of this.
Alright, so Origin is the software that runs a lot of games, including the Sims 4. Origin is for download on nearly every computer/laptop. You can buy the Sims 4 through Origin, then every time you want to play you log in to your Origin account and you play the Sims. Then say your laptop breaks- my situation- you just download Origin on another laptop, sign back in, and you're good to go. That way your game is safe, no matter what happens to your device.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Tara2388 wrote:
Alright, so Origin is the software that runs a lot of games, including the Sims 4. Origin is for download on nearly every computer/laptop. You can buy the Sims 4 through Origin, then every time you want to play you log in to your Origin account and you play the Sims. Then say your laptop breaks- my situation- you just download Origin on another laptop, sign back in, and you're good to go. That way your game is safe, no matter what happens to your device.
OK, think I understand. So am I better off buying through Origin then?

Don't update anymore.

Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

whoviandragon wrote:
Tara2388 wrote:
OK, think I understand. So am I better off buying through Origin then?
Yep, I would say you'd be better off buying through Origin. You know, just in case you rage and destroy the computer like I did, your game is always safe. :lol:
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Tara2388 wrote:
Yep, I would say you'd be better off buying through Origin. You know, just in case you rage and destroy the computer like I did, your game is always safe. :lol:
Alright, thanks for answering my questions!

Don't update anymore.

Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

whoviandragon wrote:
Tara2388 wrote:
Alright, thanks for answering my questions!
No problem, Hehe! :lol: