One Week Only:Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free from EA

Mitzki
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

One Week Only:Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free from EA

Post by Mitzki »

Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:

1)Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.

2)Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.

3)Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.

4)From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT. Source: EA Help
Que Pharrell/Daft Punk's song: I'm So Happy

Hehe..time to take a nostalgic trip back to Strangetown.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: One Week Only:Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free from EA

Post by telemwill »

Thanks! I downloaded it. I played around with it some tonight, and found it a little tougher to figure out than Free Play. I will look forward to learning more about it.

Well, I enjoyed making a family, but found it too difficult to get them to move and do stuff. Time went way too quickly, and I couldn't keep up with meeting needs, greeting all the visitors, etc. I couldn't find inventory, or figure out where a bed I bought disappeared to. It seemed to turn into sticks. Nor could I order groceries or find a newspaper to look for a job. I guess it's not as user friendly as Sims FreePlay. Took lots of time too.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

I did the tutorials and even that taxed my brand new ultrabook, heh. I started getting all these warnings about running low on memory, so if I play it for real I suspect I'll have to close all my other programs. I did dip my toe into one of the expansion pack neighborhoods (Belladonna Cove) and while I can appreciate how much more complex everything is compared to Sims Freeplay, it's almost overwhelming too. I'm also a little afraid of the probable timesuck of playing a much bigger game.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Ok, I just wanted to say I have kept playing Sims 2, and now think it's a great game. I know the freebie offer is over, but if you downloaded it, you should give it a try. It had a steeper learning curve for me and was not as user friendly as FreePlay. I ended up with my first character having an affair that even I didn't know about until too late, and then accidentally barbecued her, her unborn child, and her husband in an oven fire just as their teenage daughter arrived home from school. So yeah, steep learning curve.

Since that time, I have learned that dancing with someone isn't always just a friendly activity and that smoke and burglar alarms belong in every household. I have learned also how to get around better in the game, how to turn off aging, and how to download mods to improve the game for me. I am having fun, and young Chloe was able to get an orphan scholarship to college. She has made the dean's list every semester. (Wouldn't want you to worry. ;) )

There. I just wanted to make sure I didn't leave the thread on negative note. And if anyone is playing Sims 2 and wants to start a discussion thread, please do.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.