The Sims Mobile

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
Simfullysimmin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: The Sims Mobile

Post by Simfullysimmin »

I completely agree with everything you said. I liked the game before the overhaul and now I really don't play it much. It's taken forever for a global launch...I just wish they would of charged say 5.99 or so for a premium game and do without the energy. They are doing away with the sims 3, the sims 3 ambitions and the world app of the market. When you login into the game after the update it tells you the info and tells you that the sims mobile is coming globally soon. I can't stand when they say "soon" because that can mean anything. I hate when they keep messing around with stuff I feel like they totally messed the game with the new energy system... I do like the new again system a lot better though. I guess we'll see what happens. If anyone is worried about the game not ever launching globally...don't worry don't get upset because trust me you aren't missing anything.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

So how many people are still/already playing this game? :) I heard it soft launched in Spain a few days ago, So I've been playing with the new update for a few days now and I changed my mind a little, I actually got used to it pretty fast. I still find it weird they changed so much, but I like that the sims feel more autonomous now. I accepted the microtransactions, I think there really is no point in hoping they will ever change that... I'm wondering what will happen now to all the hobbies and careers they already had code for in-game. I already wrote about it on this thread; my game is pretty glitchy now, I have options to join baking, photography and technology career but they are not functional and in my inventory are still heirlooms that were supposed to unlock basketball hobby, painting hobby, vlogging hobby and gaming hobby
Attachments
Screenshot_20170820-220116.png
Screenshot_20170820-220109.png
Screenshot_20170820-215631.png
Screenshot_20170820-215604.png
Screenshot_20170820-215231.png
Screenshot_20170820-215221.png
Simfullysimmin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simfullysimmin »

Does anyone know how to get a sim to age up now? I heard you had to finish the daily goals for that to happen? If that's the case they better fix that because I have yet to finish it and I'm getting tired of playing the same sims...
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Simfullysimmin wrote: 21 Aug 2017, 17:52 Does anyone know how to get a sim to age up now? I heard you had to finish the daily goals for that to happen? If that's the case they better fix that because I have yet to finish it and I'm getting tired of playing the same sims...
To retire a sim now you have to first get all four traits (which you get by doing actions with that sim, you will see the meter at the bottom filling up) and unlock a heirloom (the same meter fills up after you get all four traits) and after that you are able to move them out if you want,
Attachments
Screenshot_20170822-152352.png
Screenshot_20170822-152111.png
Simfullysimmin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simfullysimmin »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 13:26
Simfullysimmin wrote: 21 Aug 2017, 17:52 Does anyone know how to get a sim to age up now? I heard you had to finish the daily goals for that to happen? If that's the case they better fix that because I have yet to finish it and I'm getting tired of playing the same sims...
To retire a sim now you have to first get all four traits (which you get by doing actions with that sim, you will see the meter at the bottom filling up) and unlock a heirloom (the same meter fills up after you get all four traits) and after that you are able to move them out if you want,
Thank you so much!! That's not too bad then, I actually like that a lot!
Simfullysimmin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simfullysimmin »

If anyone is still playing... Have you updated your game from 9/12/17 update? I was wondering if anyone else's careers are broken? I can't start an event.. Hobbies still work fine but it's the careers... I no longer can send them to work on their own... I don't even have an option to send them for 1,4 or 8 hrs event time... But I still have it for hobbies. I liked to send sims to work on their own when I wasn't able to play much, I hope that's just a glitch and it isn't meant to be like that because it's really stupid. I think it might be a glitch because hobbies are fine. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues. Thanks.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I tried the new update today and I have no issues with sending sims to work? I went with my sim to the restaurant and the bubble with a pink star for starting events is still there and works like normal, he is doing the one hour event right now. I did have to complete the tutorial on how to earn the new good upbringing trait that children have now when I first opened the game, maybe this is causing you issues? Have one of the parents have a social event with a kid if you have some currently, maybe this will help :)
But I really dislike that the UI just keeps getting bigger and bigger, I can hardly see my sims now when they are doing an event, I guess it helps with smaller screens but my eyes are still working fine and I just find it annoying :/
I do like that they are still adding stuff like hair, clothes and furniture. I mean yes it is the same as in the main sims game but I don't play that game and I like the variety. Also the fact that interacting with children now has consequences is good and risky actions are also good :)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

fabulous99 wrote: 13 May 2017, 01:52
ZeeGee wrote: 12 May 2017, 06:49 Wow you have gotten far! I just unlocked cooking hobby at level 7 I think.
Haha, I've been selecting Social life goals you seem to gain xp faster!

I prefer this game over Freeplay, definitely recommend trying it out😊

Some info:

- all life stages (not sure about teens, I haven't seen any yet)

- townie sims in the city age up too!

- no pregnancy, just click the bassinet. gender is a surprise. kids have a 'childhood happiness' bar

- babies age up to toddler in 1 day

- other household members aren't playable until you select them to be through the buttons in the bottom corner

- there's an in-game friends system without FB

- barista career has 5 levels, the rest have 20

Has anyone figured out how to find Heirlooms yet?? I have a feeling you get them when your sim dies, annoying as you're stuck at level 10 in your career without them😔
I just began 3 days ago. It tells me to become friends with 2 people a day, so i just grab someone and start chatting with them. Then it asks if I want to do an event with them and have them come over? if I send invites to my facebook Sim friends, and it lists like 6 people I am friends with. Are those people I sent friend requests to? Or are they people my Sim has become friends with through chatting? Also how do I visit the people who I am friends with, or we don't visit them? I've never played Sims 3 or 4 other than the cheap o mobile game they added on google play a couple years ago. I do like Freeplay a lot better, but I'm willing to give this a chance. Also, why do they use so much energy? This energy is expensive, especially since the bed has a timer on it, and the shower etc.. in free play, as newbies, we could nap whenever we wanted. Thanks a lot for any info. :)

One last question. How do we do an update if we don't live in Brazil? I hope it's OK to ask this question, Thanks.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Rosie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 21:12 I just began 3 days ago. It tells me to become friends with 2 people a day, so i just grab someone and start chatting with them. Then it asks if I want to do an event with them and have them come over? if I send invites to my facebook Sim friends, and it lists like 6 people I am friends with. Are those people I sent friend requests to? Or are they people my Sim has become friends with through chatting? Also how do I visit the people who I am friends with, or we don't visit them? I've never played Sims 3 or 4 other than the cheap o mobile game they added on google play a couple years ago. I do like Freeplay a lot better, but I'm willing to give this a chance. Also, why do they use so much energy? This energy is expensive, especially since the bed has a timer on it, and the shower etc.. in free play, as newbies, we could nap whenever we wanted. Thanks a lot for any info. :)

One last question. How do we do an update if we don't live in Brazil? I hope it's OK to ask this question, Thanks.
So most of information you have quoted is now unfortunately outdated, sims mobile is pretty different from freeplay and it got a few major updates through the summer and I also can't help you that much because I have no idea how the tutorial looks now. The best advice I can give you is to take time and read everything. So the game telling you to make two new friends probably means with your sim. The sims you see walking around the world (if you are not attending a party) are npc, sims generated by game and not by other players and you can interact with them anywhere, but if you want them to become friends with your sim you have to invite them to your house; (you do that by going home, opening relationship panel and calling them over) then you will get an option to have a "social event" that will, if completed, succesfully make your sim and a npc sim friends. I assume your game is connected to your fb, people you see listed there function as your neighbours and you can only visit their houses and sims if they are throwing a party, sims created by other players have blue plumbobs above their heads and you can interact with them the same way you interact with npc in your town. The energy system of course is here because this is a freetoplay game. It was a bit different when the game first came out but it will stay permanently in the game in some form. That way they can always count on impatient people to spend money. The best way to work around it is unfortunately to play with your sims until their energy runs out and they used toilet, shower, bathtub and bed and then wait a hour or more and then play again. Energy does fills up by itself if you wait, you get one energy point every three minutes I think, so after waiting 45 minutes you should have full energy :)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 22:15
Rosie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 21:12 I just began 3 days ago. It tells me to become friends with 2 people a day, so i just grab someone and start chatting with them. Then it asks if I want to do an event with them and have them come over? if I send invites to my facebook Sim friends, and it lists like 6 people I am friends with. Are those people I sent friend requests to? Or are they people my Sim has become friends with through chatting? Also how do I visit the people who I am friends with, or we don't visit them? I've never played Sims 3 or 4 other than the cheap o mobile game they added on google play a couple years ago. I do like Freeplay a lot better, but I'm willing to give this a chance. Also, why do they use so much energy? This energy is expensive, especially since the bed has a timer on it, and the shower etc.. in free play, as newbies, we could nap whenever we wanted. Thanks a lot for any info. :)

So most of information you have quoted is now unfortunately outdated, sims mobile is pretty different from freeplay and it got a few major updates through the summer and I also can't help you that much because I have no idea how the tutorial looks now. The best advice I can give you is to take time and read everything. So the game telling you to make two new friends probably means with your sim. The sims you see walking around the world (if you are not attending a party) are npc, sims generated by game and not by other players and you can interact with them anywhere, but if you want them to become friends with your sim you have to invite them to your house; (you do that by going home, opening relationship panel and calling them over) then you will get an option to have a "social event" that will, if completed, succesfully make your sim and a npc sim friends. I assume your game is connected to your fb, people you see listed there function as your neighbours and you can only visit their houses and sims if they are throwing a party, sims created by other players have blue plumbobs above their heads and you can interact with them the same way you interact with npc in your town. The energy system of course is here because this is a freetoplay game. It was a bit different when the game first came out but it will stay permanently in the game in some form. That way they can always count on impatient people to spend money. The best way to work around it is unfortunately to play with your sims until their energy runs out and they used toilet, shower, bathtub and bed and then wait a hour or more and then play again. Energy does fills up by itself if you wait, you get one energy point every three minutes I think, so after waiting 45 minutes you should have full energy :)
Thank you so much! That helps me so much! :) I am so happy to hear we can stop playing for an hour or two and they will come back energized. I did figure out how to do the update and now my Sim is having weird things pop up in her head. Just funny things.