Can’t attend Party Please help!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Please help!

Post by telemwill »

contrarysims wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 23:56
telemwill wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 12:56 That stinks. There should be a do it later button. Maybe ask on the Facebook page?

I hate that everyone is basically forced to all have a party at the same time. All my friends are having a party, but I'm stuck at home throwing one for 24th hours with no one there but my own two Sims doing the same actions over and over. Terribly boring! You would think at least there would be walk ins from the street.
Ruth
Yes, everyone is having parties right now and I can't make it to everyone's because of the two party limit.

I made it to yours this morning after my limit reset, but when I arrived for some reason your sims didn't appear, so mine was alone in your house singing birthday songs to no one! I went home and returned and your sims finally showed up. I thought that was a little funny.

Hopefully I can make it to some of the other parties tomorrow before they expire!
That's funny! I did see your Sims there. Willow made friends with Contrary during the party and they had lots of drinks.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Can’t attend Party Please help!

Post by playsims »

I am now at level 19 but I still have not figure out how to unlock the party items or throw a party in my Sims' house.
My sims have attended parties twice a day as required. But the party items are still locked to me. As noted below the locked items, it say Party Requirements not met. What are the party requirements?
Playing Sims mobile is a hit & miss thing. I am rather slow at figuring things out. I will eventually :oops: :oops:
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

playsims wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 12:15 I am now at level 19 but I still have not figure out how to unlock the party items or throw a party in my Sims' house.
My sims have attended parties twice a day as required. But the party items are still locked to me. As noted below the locked items, it say Party Requirements not met. What are the party requirements?
Playing Sims mobile is a hit & miss thing. I am rather slow at figuring things out. I will eventually :oops: :oops:
Don't know if you have enough levels, but parties can be trown by using this button. After you throw a party, the corresponding party items will unlock in your store :)
Attachments
_20180326_151158.JPG
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 13:15
playsims wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 12:15 I am now at level 19 but I still have not figure out how to unlock the party items or throw a party in my Sims' house.
Don't know if you have enough levels, but parties can be trown by using this button. After you throw a party, the corresponding party items will unlock in your store :)
The items are only available while hosting a party. If the party is over, the game takes them back into the inventory.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Zazzy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zazzy »

I had the same problem myself for a long time but finally figured out the mystery:

When you open the “Parties” tab in the menu, the button will say “Host Weekly Party” if you are eligible. The button must be blue though. If the button is grey, you cannot throw a party until the time has run out on any parties in progress that you have recently attended. Wait for the time to run out and make sure not to send any of your Sims to any more parties in the meantime.

Once the time has run out, the “Host Weekly Party” button will turn blue. Press the button when it is blue and you will then have access to the party items and can have fun planning your party. When your party is over, the party items will disappear from your home.

Oh yes, one more thing. You cannot host a party if you are still working on an event, i.e. exercise bootcamp, downtown art walk, etc. The “Host Weekly Party” button will be greyed out—when you press it, it will tell you to “complete event first”.

Note: One of your Sims has to be at home to host a party.
My Friend Code: GC4JJHP (no need to PM)
Player Name: Zazzy
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Party questions

Post by SKatF »

What is the advantage to hosting a party?

It sounds like you are housebound for 24 hours, so wouldn't you be losing chances to progress in work or special events?

Also, to get your party well attended seems key for earning rewards. Is there an in-game way to invite your friends?
Zazzy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zazzy »

Zazzy wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 21:07
I had the same problem myself for a long time but finally figured out the mystery:

When you open the “Parties” tab in the menu, the button will say “Host Weekly Party” if you are eligible. The button must be blue though. If the button is grey, you cannot throw a party until the time has run out on any parties in progress that you have recently attended. Wait for the time to run out and make sure not to send any of your Sims to any more parties in the meantime.

Once the time has run out, the “Host Weekly Party” button will turn blue. Press the button when it is blue and you will then have access to the party items and can have fun planning your party. When your party is over, the party items will disappear from your home.

Oh yes, one more thing. You cannot host a party if you are still working on an event, i.e. exercise bootcamp, downtown art walk, etc. The “Host Weekly Party” button will be greyed out—when you press it, it will tell you to “complete event first”.

Note: One of your Sims has to be at home to host a party.
I need to add that the Sim hosting the party cannot be working on a hobby while you’re trying to set up the party even though he is home or, once again, the “Host Weekly Party” button will be greyed out. You won’t be able to start the party until the Sim you have chosen to host the party is finished with his hobby. However, once your party has been set up and is in progress, the Sim hosting the party is free to work on a hobby, go to work, go to events, even attend other parties.
Zazzy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Party questions

Post by Zazzy »

SKatF wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 22:37 What is the advantage to hosting a party?

It sounds like you are housebound for 24 hours, so wouldn't you be losing chances to progress in work or special events?

Also, to get your party well attended seems key for earning rewards. Is there an in-game way to invite your friends?
The advantage to hosting a party is that it is the only way to collect the Luxe Sim Tickets. Although I haven’t come across a situation yet where I have the need for them yet, I want to be prepared when the opportunity arises. I also enjoy looking at how others have constructed their houses and dressed their Sims.

Once the Sim hosting the party has finished setting up, he is free to do other activities, i.e. work and special events, even go to other parties. It’s just tricky getting the party started…

When you set up the party, you have a choice of making it available to everyone or just friends. I always leave it set to “everyone”. So far I have had enough Sims attend my parties that they level my party up to 10 very quickly and we all get all the rewards on offer. A win/win situation!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Party questions

Post by SKatF »

Zazzy wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 01:41
SKatF wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 22:37 What is the advantage to hosting a party?

The advantage to hosting a party is that it is the only way to collect the Luxe Sim Tickets. Although I haven’t come across a situation yet where I have the need for them yet, I want to be prepared when the opportunity arises. I also enjoy looking at how others have constructed their houses and dressed their Sims.

Once the Sim hosting the party has finished setting up, he is free to do other activities, i.e. work and special events, even go to other parties. It’s just tricky getting the party started…

When you set up the party, you have a choice of making it available to everyone or just friends. I always leave it set to “everyone”. So far I have had enough Sims attend my parties that they level my party up to 10 very quickly and we all get all the rewards on offer. A win/win situation!
Thanks for explanation. Maybe I'll take the plunge tomorrow
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Well, I apparently can't host a birthday party as I'm getting s message that my sim hasn't just earned a new trait. And both my sims have all traits possible (are ready to retire.) So I believe I need to wait until I'm willing to retire a Sim to host a party.

So advice to anyone just starting, host that birthday party before you earn all your traits, as it will unlock other parties, and you won't be stuck, like me.