Birthday cake of death?!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Birthday cake of death?!

Post by contrarysims »

Help! Anyone who has had retired/senior sims in their house, could you please tell me what happens once this cake appears over their head?
Screenshot_20180330-114119.png
The last time I saw this cake was when my younger sims were children, and accidentally tapping it would age them up against my will. If I accidentally tap this cake, will my sim be killed? I don't want him to die yet! 😭
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Birthday cake of death?!

Post by contrarysims »

Well, I found out myself. I just knew I would end up accidentally tapping it, and sure enough he kept crowding around the stove while his daughter was trying to cook and now he's "moved out". He's been booted out of the family portrait and into"previous generations", and his family can no longer contact him. Im legitimately crying a little about this because my simself is now a widow. I really thought I would have the option to just have him bumbling around the house as an unplayable sim for as long as I wanted.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

So this was a retired sim? I'm sorry you accidentally tapped it. :(

Do you remember how long he spent as a retired sim before he moved out? It would have been better to have the "move out" thing optional like the retirement and not forced like the aging. Because on one hand I can eventually see the need where someone would need or want to move some sims out but then it should be whenever someone wants and not something you have to worry about accidentally doing.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I retired him on Monday afternoon (four days ago).

I was trying so hard not to touch it, too. The same thing happened every time it appeared above one of the children. I would try to avoid it but oops, there they go walking directly in the way and off they spring into the next age group. Clearly I just don't want to cycle through my families as quickly as the game thinks we should!

There already is the option to move them out when we choose to, by going through the portrait - the same place that you can promote or move out any other unplayable sim. So why they don't just leave it at that, and let us do it ourselves, I honestly don't know. Or give us the option to postpone it, like when the retirement option starts appearing.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

This must have sucked :( It is annoying how they still kept that aspect of forced aging. I sort of liked rushing through generations in the beginning but I really like to take my time now as well.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm wondering what happens to people who are in the middle of relationship stories with your sim if you retire that person. Do they get to finish? I'm thinking maybe they are interacting with a copy of your sim, so they could continue? Contrary, maybe you know if you have retired her, as I am still interacting with your sim Contrary
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm also wondering if the Sims you made friends with still hang around your house for your now playable adult children to interact with, if they choose. Or if their friends are retired along with your retired sims. If so, it would really feel like starting over, except in a house with more stuff. As you may guess, I'm trying to decide about retiring a sim for the first time.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I have a few questions. If I retire both of my original sims, how does the mentoring work? Do I only have 4 days for that? When I retire them both, who then are my playable sims? 2 of my children who are still in the house? Also at that point, how do my new sims have children? Can they have children with a game generated sim?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:47 I'm wondering what happens to people who are in the middle of relationship stories with your sim if you retire that person. Do they get to finish? I'm thinking maybe they are interacting with a copy of your sim, so they could continue? Contrary, maybe you know if you have retired her, as I am still interacting with your sim Contrary
I just assumed we interacting with copies of other's sims. I think they would be able to continue with that copy.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:51 I'm also wondering if the Sims you made friends with still hang around your house for your now playable adult children to interact with, if they choose. Or if their friends are retired along with your retired sims. If so, it would really feel like starting over, except in a house with more stuff. As you may guess, I'm trying to decide about retiring a sim for the first time.
I've only retired one sim and they were only friends with NPCs and not other player's sims so I don't know what would happen with those sims. But the NPC my sim married stayed in the house after my sim was retired. And my other playable sims could interact with him. And then other friends of my sim are still in town and my playable sims can interact with them and start stories with them but they don't hang around the house. I don't pay attention enough to notice if they are some of the sims that just walk by the house.

When my sim's adult child interacts with sims his mother was friends with it is just like a fresh start - there is no recognition of the previous relationship.