Birthday cake of death?!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
mockingbird288z

Re: Birthday cake of death?!

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 14:32 I have a few questions. If I retire both of my original sims, how does the mentoring work? Do I only have 4 days for that? When I retire them both, who then are my playable sims? 2 of my children who are still in the house? Also at that point, how do my new sims have children? Can they have children with a game generated sim?
The mentoring thing is just another family event that will give you heirloom tickets. I didn't pay attention to how long my sim was retired before they got the birthday cake above their head but it did happen very quickly.

When you retire a sim you have the option to promote a family member to a playable sim or create a new sim. Your new sims can then have children either with each other (adopt a sim together) or with a game generated sim.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 14:32 I have a few questions. If I retire both of my original sims, how does the mentoring work? Do I only have 4 days for that? When I retire them both, who then are my playable sims? 2 of my children who are still in the house? Also at that point, how do my new sims have children? Can they have children with a game generated sim?
I have not yet retired a sim. However, I understand when you do this and have an unfilled position for a playable, it's like when you buy an extra sim slot with sim dollars, which I have done. I could choose whether to turn my sim's adult child into a playable sim, or to create a new sim entirely. Note only adult children can become playable, not toddlers or preteens.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

If you had bought a extra slot for a sim and retire that sim, do you get to keep that slot or do you have to purchase it again?
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 05:28 If you had bought a extra slot for a sim and retire that sim, do you get to keep that slot or do you have to purchase it again?
You‘ll keep that slot and can go on like Leah said „When you retire a sim you have the option to promote a family member to a playable sim or create a new sim.:)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Vesta
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Vesta »

I have a retired Sim who now has a birthday cake over his head. What happened when you tapped the cake? Did the Grim Reaper appear? If so, did you plead with the Reaper, or did everything happen so quickly
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I think they get gray hair and the senior citizen “look” based on my research. I cannot personally confirm since I’ve not gotten that far yet.
mockingbird288z

Vesta wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 18:47 I have a retired Sim who now has a birthday cake over his head. What happened when you tapped the cake? Did the Grim Reaper appear? If so, did you plead with the Reaper, or did everything happen so quickly
No grim reaper, no pleading. They just go away. They are no longer in the house and are removed from the family portrait. When you click on the portrait there will now be an arrow at the top left for the "previous generation" - if you tap on that you can see any sims that have moved on after retirement.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

just got a notification that I can now retire my sim. Don't want to retire her yet, but may not have a choice. should make my couple have a baby to replace her :(
mockingbird288z

amberkat wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 23:59 just got a notification that I can now retire my sim. Don't want to retire her yet, but may not have a choice. should make my couple have a baby to replace her :(
You can keep ignoring the notice to retire your sim as long as you want to.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 05:06
amberkat wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 23:59 just got a notification that I can now retire my sim. Don't want to retire her yet, but may not have a choice. should make my couple have a baby to replace her :(
You can keep ignoring the notice to retire your sim as long as you want to.

thank goodness. don't really want to loose her yet. her partner will be retired at some point, but I want her to stick around for a while :)