Birthday cake of death?!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
ZeeGee

Re: Birthday cake of death?!

Post by ZeeGee »

I accidentally clicked the cake that was trying to get me to permanently delete that sim. I force closed the game and came back and that saved her.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ZeeGee wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 00:23 I accidentally clicked the cake that was trying to get me to permanently delete that sim. I force closed the game and came back and that saved her.
I really wish I had thought to try that at the time! Sigh.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I retired two sims last Tuesday and on Saturday they got the birthday cake of death. So they spend about 5 days in retirement.

The two sims I promoted on Tuesday unlocked their 4th trait today. So that's about 7 days to unlock the 4th trait. I'm not giving it to them right now but I do remember my other sims were able to be retired about a day after getting their 4th trait. So it takes about 8, maybe 9 days, to retire a sim and then another 5 days before they move on for good.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

So I got the birthday cake of death over a Sim that I never retired. It just suddenly appeared. This is super annoying! I have to look at that dumb cake all the time now and have to be super careful not to touch it. :(
Edit: I decided to click on my sim (not the cake) to see if I could get rid of the birthday cake somehow and the question about retiring popped up. I said "no" and the dumb cake disappeared. Thank goodness
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 06:39 So I got the birthday cake of death over a Sim that I never retired. It just suddenly appeared. This is super annoying! I have to look at that dumb cake all the time now and have to be super careful not to touch it. :(
With the current update maxis has included a confirm button. After tapping the cake you can choose "Not right now". Just be careful to tap the white button.
78F2423D-CA91-4EED-846B-933DEF6E3B44.jpeg
The blue birthday cake will then disappear and there will be one next to the name if you tap the sim. Tapping it will trigger the same popup like shown on the above picture. The daily retire-popups have gone, too \o/
6E918AB8-A5F0-4012-B9BD-033E0A9CE8D8.jpeg

Edit
I see, you found the solution while I was taking screenshots for my post :D
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I'm so glad they finally put in a confirm button. I'm sick of accidentally aging my kids into non-playable (yet) adults.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1