Sims Mobile on multiple devices

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
mockingbird288z

Sims Mobile on multiple devices

Post by mockingbird288z »

I just wanted to give a warning to anyone else who plays this game on multiple devices:

Make sure the game is fully closed (force closed) on the device you are switching to before you open the app. If the game wasn't fully closed when you switch to that device you may end up with some weird hybrid version of the two games.

For example: I was playing on my phone and had two new sims working on getting started with a relationship and a career. I switched to my ipad and picked up where I left off. Both sims finished their events and I moved on to getting them started on hobbies. I spent a good amount of time getting them to 20% complete in all their new stories. Meanwhile I also worked on decorating the house and increasing my lifestyle. Then I set my sims up for the night with the longest event for career and hobbies (one sim at the hospital, one sim on cooking, and one sim on yoga).

Then I switched to my phone. But I hadn't forced closed the game on my phone so the two games sort of weirdly merged. I was at the new lifestyle, my simoleons were gone, any new item I had purchased was there but because the rooms weren't resized they were incorrectly placed. All the wallpaper, window colors, and floors were back to what they were before, too. The real kicker was that all the work on my sims' stories was wiped. The sim that was "selected" on my phone had just finished his first relationship event instead of working on the longer yoga event. And the other two sims were working on the longer events I had started them on my ipad but i was like any event I had done with them on my ipad hadn't happened.

Which resulted in a situation where my doctor sim was working on an event which he now technically hadn't unlocked yet. Which is probably why the game would crash anytime I tried to go the hospital. I could bring the sim home but not visit them at the hospital. I kept trying over and over and eventually what did it, I think, was bringing the sim home and then waiting long enough for him to return to the hospital on his own. Then I could go to the hospital.

The crashing became my primary concern so I'm already over losing all the work on my sim's stories. But since this was the second time it happened to me (both times I've only lost event progress not items purchased) I thought maybe it has happened to others too.

TL;DR - When switching devices make sure the game is fully closed on the device you are switching to or you will lose event progress.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Sims Mobile on multiple devices

Post by playsims »

Thanks for the warning. I occasionally switch devices to play the game.
mockingbird288z

playsims wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 14:28 Thanks for the warning. I occasionally switch devices to play the game.
Good luck! Hopefully it never happens to you. It is quite the headache.
mockingbird288z

Another weird side effect:

Eli had started a story with an NPC, Leana. They were doing the Slightly Toxic Sweethearts one but that was one I started while playing on my iPad so it got wiped when I switched to my phone.

The strange thing is Leana still shows as one of Eli's contacts and shows the progress on the story but the story isn't listed under Eli's stories.
IMG_6952.PNG
IMG_6953.JPG
I kept working on the story until they were at level 4 hoping it would eventually show up but it hasn't. There's also no way to start a new story with Leana since they are technically already working on one. Poor Leana is going to be ghosted. Eli has decided to move on, though with a friendship and not a romance this time (just cause I accidentally picked friendly instead of flirty).
ZhyperTheSimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by ZhyperTheSimmer »

Thank you for this advice! I usually tend to use TSM on both my PC and phone.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I too learned this the hard way. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Hackercong
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Hackercong »

U can play on pc with nox
CosmicDuck
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by CosmicDuck »

This issue happened to me just recently. I purchased a festival pass, and now half of the items is gone. I tried contacting support to find different ways to resolve it, but at this point I doubt they can.

Just wanted to reply cuz I’m also surprised that this is still and issue 5 or so years later…
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

CosmicDuck wrote: 23 Nov 2023, 19:53 This issue happened to me just recently. I purchased a festival pass, and now half of the items is gone. I tried contacting support to find different ways to resolve it, but at this point I doubt they can.

Just wanted to reply cuz I’m also surprised that this is still and issue 5 or so years later…
Welcome to the forum, CosmicDuck!

There are a lot of issues with Sims Mobile lately :( Nevertheless the Support should be able to see that items from the Online Store have gone missing and give them back. Hope, they will do so for your game!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View