Family event icon on adult sim

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Family event icon on adult sim

Post by SKatF »

I think someone mentioned this, but I couldn't find the post. One of my NPC family members has the family event icon above her head all the time since one of my player-controlled sims did a relationship event with her. It doesn't seem to offer any new choices, doesn't give heirloom points when her parents do events with her, it just is stuck there. Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-04-23-14-34-51-1.png
mockingbird288z

Re: Family event icon on adult sim

Post by mockingbird288z »

It seems like the latest update took away the ability to get heirloom tickets from adults with the family event button. I'm not sure if someone else mentioned it also but I talked about it here (Erin said she had the same thing). But with a retired sim. I've never had the family event button with an non-retired, NPC adult sim, though, so this could be a different issue.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:08 It seems like the latest update took away the ability to get heirloom tickets from adults with the family event button. I'm not sure if someone else mentioned it also but I talked about it here (Erin said she had the same thing). But with a retired sim. I've never had the family event button with an non-retired, NPC adult sim, though, so this could be a different issue.
I didn't even know you could do special adult to adult family relationship events that earned heirloom tickets. When my adult family related sims interact, they just get the same events as when they interact with non-relatives.

By the way, I have been limited to 3 adult-child family events per day recently, although I have 4 children. I had expected one for each child.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:22
mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:08 It seems like the latest update took away the ability to get heirloom tickets from adults with the family event button. I'm not sure if someone else mentioned it also but I talked about it here (Erin said she had the same thing). But with a retired sim. I've never had the family event button with an non-retired, NPC adult sim, though, so this could be a different issue.
I didn't even know you could do special adult to adult family relationship events that earned heirloom tickets. When my adult family related sims interact, they just get the same events as when they interact with non-relatives.

By the way, I have been limited to 3 adult-child family events per day recently, although I have 4 children. I had expected one for each child.
Same here, it seems they are severely limiting how many heirloom tickets we can earn though events. I went from being able to do 6 or more events a day to just 3. Maybe they noticed too many people choosing to purchase heirlooms instead of getting them from retired sims. :(
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The thing with my senior was different. I could do the mentoring events with her the next days. If we are restricted to two or three events for mentoring/education I guess I had too many kids that day. One of those kids did not get all three stars for her trait and honestly, she did not behave well. When she became an adult, the first thing she did was going to the toilet an vomit :(

I think there is a change with the family events. It used to be that every child got one education per day. Yesterday I could only do two although there were three kids. The yesterdays baby got their first event this morning.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 07:00
The thing with my senior was different. I could do the mentoring events with her the next days. If we are restricted to two or three events for mentoring/education I guess I had too many kids that day. One of those kids did not get all three stars for her trait and honestly, she did not behave well. When she became an adult, the first thing she did was going to the toilet an vomit :(

I think there is a change with the family events. It used to be that every child got one education per day. Yesterday I could only do two although there were three kids. The yesterdays baby got their first event this morning.
Both Brynn and Aaron were retired for 5 days and I never got the mentoring events with them. Event when I hadn't done any family events that day. :( Today I've only been able to do one family event because I chose the wrong kid to start with this morning. I was doing one event with one kid and while doing that my preteen got the birthday cake. So I had to age her up but of course adults in the house don't get family events. Eli and Lucy adopted a baby but that one hasn't gotten a family event bubble yet.

Byrnn did randomly go to the toilet and vomit a few days ago. I was surprised!
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Retired two Sims and they each have had the family icon ever since. Neither have given options for careee or hobby mentoring. Was disappointed by that. Hoping it comes back. Call me old fashioned, like having things passed from generation to generation.

Vomiting?! Wow! That's gonna be different. Have it with the Llama flu shot. Like it in a weird way lol
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Yesterday I was able to start the new sibling story with Lucy‘s grown up sister. Since then the adult sim carries the family-event icon above her head. I guess it will disappear as soon as the siblings are done with their story.
Attachments
Family-event
Family-event
iOS 17.3.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Regarding the mentoring I think your senior has to have completed a career or a hobby or both. I‘m not sure whether it‘s enough if they have started, but they need at least experience in a career or hobby.

And then the seniors can only help with mentoring if there is a family member who has not completed everything. So if your playable sims have completed their career and hobby, they can‘t do the event.
iOS 17.3.1

mockingbird288z

Brynn and Aaron had completed their hobby and career stories. I wouldn't have retired them until they did. Emery and Mariana completed their hobby and career stories only yesterday and the day before (well, Emery is almost done with his hobby story). Well after Brynn and Aaron had moved on.

I've heard the mentoring only works if the retired sims are in the same career/hobby as the playable sims but that doesn't make sense either because Brynn and Aaron could do the mentoring with Natalie when they didn't have the same career or hobby and they could also do the mentoring with Natalie's NPC husband. Plus Emery has the same hobby as Brynn and they didn't have the mentoring option.