Can't call another player's sim over

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
Post Reply
User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 688
Contact:

Can't call another player's sim over

Post by mockingbird288z » 07 May 2018, 20:11

I've been working on multiple relationship stories with my sims so it's been taking awhile to get through them. I'm finally at chapter 9 with all of Mariana's relationship stories and was working on getting them to Chapter 10. But I can't call one of the sims over. The sim's hair isn't gray and the socialize button is still green. And the story is still showing as one of Mariana's story. The sim belongs to a friend and I've gone to visit the player's house and can see the sim. But when I tap the socialize button but nothing happens. The sim doesn't come over or there's no pop up that says the sim is somewhere else in town.

It's been happening for at least 24 hours now. Force closing the game hasn't fixed it. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how or were you able to fix it?
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1213
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 348

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by SKatF » 07 May 2018, 21:50

Similar situation. I had to call another players sim about 4 or 5 times in a row, even moving to other places in town, but he finally did show up.

Hope you can finish the story.
2 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3935
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2
x 298

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by ErinPW » 07 May 2018, 21:51

I can imagine it‘s because of the number of sims you can have in your house. But at least guests go away if you force close the game. Did you try to call the sim to a different location? Sometimes there are also too many sims, but in that case you‘ll get a related popup. Sometimes it takes a little while until the game leads you to the incoming sim. If you start the relationship event the game may bring your sim and her friend to your home.
1 x
Pregnancy Update 5.38.3
iOS 11.4

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1213
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 348

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by SKatF » 07 May 2018, 22:06

Erin, you may be right. I needed to do a task at home to progress, but there was a party going on. I couldn't get the sim to show up until I tried a couple locations. I think it was Parkside that worked. Then, once I selected the sim and event, they moved back to the house and I could finish the rest of the tasks there.
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 688
Contact:

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by mockingbird288z » 07 May 2018, 22:09

ErinPW wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:51
I can imagine it‘s because of the number of sims you can have in your house. But at least guests go away if you force close the game. Did you try to call the sim to a different location? Sometimes there are also too many sims, but in that case you‘ll get a related popup. Sometimes it takes a little while until the game leads you to the incoming sim. If you start the relationship event the game may bring your sim and her friend to your home.
Thanks! I hadn't thought to try that. Unfortunately no matter where I went the sim didn't come over. I looked all around for him at every location and still couldn't find him. Then I went back home after putting my two other playable sims to work in town to have less people in the house and the sim still doesn't come over. I'll keep trying, though. I'll keep visiting my other sims in the hopes of clearing the house from visiting sims and quickly going home to try again.

Edit to add: What's the limit again? And does it include people in the house and people on the sidewalk or just people in the house? I had 8 people in the house. Sent two sims to work and it's just 6 people now.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 688
Contact:

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by mockingbird288z » 07 May 2018, 22:14

I can call over other sims so I'm not sure that's it though. It's just this one sim that won't come over.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 688
Contact:

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by mockingbird288z » 08 May 2018, 20:26

It was weird but I think it's finally over. I would try and clear the house of as many sims as I could, moved one adult sim out, and tried to call the problem sim over but nothing would happen. I would then try to call another contact over and they would come with no problem so I know it wasn't overpopulation. I just kept trying with force closing the game in between and going to different locations and trying there and eventually the problem sim came over. Now that I've got my hooks in them I'm going to finish the story before they can disappear on me again.
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1213
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 348

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by SKatF » 08 May 2018, 22:26

mockingbird288z wrote:
08 May 2018, 20:26
It was weird but I think it's finally over. I would try and clear the house of as many sims as I could, moved one adult sim out, and tried to call the problem sim over but nothing would happen. I would then try to call another contact over and they would come with no problem so I know it wasn't overpopulation. I just kept trying with force closing the game in between and going to different locations and trying there and eventually the problem sim came over. Now that I've got my hooks in them I'm going to finish the story before they can disappear on me again.
Good luck, they can disappear fast when an event is done!

Sometimes if I leave in the middle of doing an event, when I return, the visitor sim has disappeared from my house even though the event isn't finished. I have to do an object task (like tapping on a table or couch) and the other sim then pops back into the house. Their teleporting skills are amazing.
2 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 688
Contact:

Re: Can't call another player's sim over

Post by mockingbird288z » 09 May 2018, 06:43

SKatF wrote:
08 May 2018, 22:26
mockingbird288z wrote:
08 May 2018, 20:26
It was weird but I think it's finally over. I would try and clear the house of as many sims as I could, moved one adult sim out, and tried to call the problem sim over but nothing would happen. I would then try to call another contact over and they would come with no problem so I know it wasn't overpopulation. I just kept trying with force closing the game in between and going to different locations and trying there and eventually the problem sim came over. Now that I've got my hooks in them I'm going to finish the story before they can disappear on me again.
Good luck, they can disappear fast when an event is done!

Sometimes if I leave in the middle of doing an event, when I return, the visitor sim has disappeared from my house even though the event isn't finished. I have to do an object task (like tapping on a table or couch) and the other sim then pops back into the house. Their teleporting skills are amazing.
Thanks! I just made sure I went back to the game very often today and was able to keep the sim around long enough to complete the story. So glad it's done!
2 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

Post Reply