Relatioships in Sims Mobile

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Relatioships in Sims Mobile

Post by SKatF »

If it matters to you, be aware that sim relationships don't always track in the game. I have plenty of aunt, uncle, brother, sister, and cousin relationships in my game. But at my party today, Chelsea and I realized our sims were related.

My Marcus' father was Elijah, who was her Alessia's grandfather. So he is halfbrother to one of her parents, or in other words, her uncle. The game showed no relationship and would allow romance marriage, children, etc. between them.

I think the game may track only relationships through your own playable sims, not through other player's sims. Which is understandable as it could be way too complex to track the rest, I bet.

It's not a big deal to me, but it might matter to some players. I think it's like those real life stories in the tabloids where married couples find out they are relatives. They hadn't known their joint heritage due to adoption or their parents parting ways went they were very young.

In fact someone I worked with found out she was probably closely related to her husband when they both were tested to see if they could donate bone marrow to their child with leukemia. The samples were so close, the lab thought they'd mislabeled the husband's sample and it was from a brother. She and her husband had been raised in separate countries (USA and Canada) but close to the border, by apparently unrelated, apparently non-adoptive families. They decided they didn't want to pursue the explanation in fear of "digging up something that's best kept buried." I don't know if I could have walked away from it. Too curious for my own good, I guess.
mockingbird288z

Re: Relatioships in Sims Mobile

Post by mockingbird288z »

Yeah, Erin and I found this out when one of my sims had a child with one of her sims. My sim and "his child" were strangers. And they don't track relationships between your own sims too far. An uncle and a niece's child will be strangers for example. My sims right now are cousins with one pair brother/sister. They all have one child ready to be promoted next Monday. The only two of the children who will show any relationship are the children of the siblings (will show as cousins).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 18:16 Yeah, Erin and I found this out when one of my sims had a child with one of her sims. My sim and "his child" were strangers. And they don't track relationships between your own sims too far. An uncle and a niece's child will be strangers for example. My sims right now are cousins with one pair brother/sister. They all have one child ready to be promoted next Monday. The only two of the children who will show any relationship are the children of the siblings (will show as cousins).
Let us know which sims when you retire them. They may still show as active in our games and we wouldn't want to "waste" stickers on your retirees as you won't receive them. Looking forward to meeting your new sims at a party.

I am reluctant to retire my sims and lose their progress in career and hobby (high levels earn $$ so much faster) But their friend lists are clogged with so many retired/dead sims, and these are who show up around town. It can limit new friends/acquaintances showing up. I wish we could delete unwanted (i.e. retired/dead) sims from our lists. And keep the few we may still want.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 05:46
mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 18:16 Yeah, Erin and I found this out when one of my sims had a child with one of her sims. My sim and "his child" were strangers. And they don't track relationships between your own sims too far. An uncle and a niece's child will be strangers for example. My sims right now are cousins with one pair brother/sister. They all have one child ready to be promoted next Monday. The only two of the children who will show any relationship are the children of the siblings (will show as cousins).
Let us know which sims when you retire them. They may still show as active in our games and we wouldn't want to "waste" stickers on your retirees as you won't receive them. Looking forward to meeting your new sims at a party.

I am reluctant to retire my sims and lose their progress in career and hobby (high levels earn $$ so much faster) But their friend lists are clogged with so many retired/dead sims, and these are who show up around town. It can limit new friends/acquaintances showing up. I wish we could delete unwanted (i.e. retired/dead) sims from our lists. And keep the few we may still want.
All of them are going to be retired (Ronan, Vivienne, Zoey, and Bradley) once I get the gems for the stickers from last week. So they don't need any stickers tomorrow! Yes, I am frustrated with the same thing, a contacts list full of dead sims. I'm going to keep the new batch around for maybe two weeks and the only kids they have will be the ones to replace them. Just so there contact list doesn't get full of so many pointless sims.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 04:40
SKatF wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 05:46

All of them are going to be retired (Ronan, Vivienne, Zoey, and Bradley) once I get the gems for the stickers from last week. So they don't need any stickers tomorrow! Yes, I am frustrated with the same thing, a contacts list full of dead sims. I'm going to keep the new batch around for maybe two weeks and the only kids they have will be the ones to replace them. Just so there contact list doesn't get full of so many pointless sims.
We'll miss them.

In order to introduce new sims to friends on my mobile list, I'm contemplating if it's best to coordinate new playable sims and holding parties. That is, have a party shortly after starting a new sim. Right now, I'm having my sims beaver away to earn simoleans for land clearance, so I want them at the highest career and relationship levels to earn the most per shift, and probably won't replace them until that goal is acheived.